Skip to content

QuickBooks Mobile Feedback Forum

Welcome to the QuickBooks Mobile feature requests forum. Please look through the existing requests and vote on great ideas or create your own suggestion that others can vote on. Make sure to give us plenty of detail so we can better understand the request. It is not guaranteed that any suggestions will make it into the product, but it will help us identify the features you want most.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1082 results found

1. How to Set Up Class Tracking in QuickBooks?

Class tracking is a comprehensive feature in QuickBooks that allows you to track balances for departments, business offices, or business establishments. It helps provide a holistic view of your company's finances and can be used to track specific segments you want to focus on. You can assign classes to transactions in QuickBooks Desktop by configuring the Company Preferences. Let's explore the steps to set up and use class tracking in QuickBooks Desktop.
    Read More: https://qbsenterprisesupport.com/set-up-and-use-class-tracking-in-quickbooks-desktop/

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like for it to be optional to have anything entered into the address field that is printed on checks.

Currently quickbooks online automatically places the vendor's name in the address field and do not allow for it to be removed. I would like to have the option to remove that. it makes the checks look weird by printing the name twice. quickbooks desktop which I have always used prior to this year gives that option and it looks much nicer without the name printed twice with no purpose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Checks  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Put certification number and expiration date on certificates for ProAdvisors

Pro Advisors certification certificates does not look legit. There is no certification number nor an expiration date on certificates that are suppose to be certifications. Please add this as they are certifications and not regular certificates.
    Secondly, can we recertify every 2 years instead of yearly?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. QuickBooks Server Busy: This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.

QuickBooks Server Busy Error usually appears when QuickBooks is unable to establish a connection with the server or when the server is busy processing other requests.

To troubleshoot this error, you can try the following steps:

Check your internet connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable and working properly. Poor connectivity can cause QuickBooks to lose its connection to the server and trigger the server busy error.

Restart QuickBooks: Try closing QuickBooks and restarting it. This can sometimes help resolve any temporary issues causing the error.

Update QuickBooks: Ensure that you have the latest version of QuickBooks installed on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Banking  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it easier for credit/overpayment refunds to be entered on QB

The work around that needs to be done when you issue a refund or receive a refund/credit refund on QB is too complicated for anyone without accountancy training. It’s fine to do as an accountant, as we understand the double entry processes that need to be put through, but trying to explain all the transactions that need doing when a client wants to do this themselves can cause huge problems and takes much longer to explain than if we just did it for them!! Can’t QB create a refund credit/overpayment option that does all the transactions/journals in the background (in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Transactions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. derek.craig@lpomusic.com

My company recently converted from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. I am the finance director of my company. I report the budget to actual numbers monthly along with our performances. The desktop version allowed me to compare budget to actuals by class to determine if we came in over or under budget. Now with QBO, I don't have that feature of having a budget to actuals report by class. The class we use as our performances. We have over 35 performances per year in the orchestra. Is there a work around for this? This seems like this should be a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Use email for sending verification code

The only option to send code when editing an employee is only through cellphone. Can you add an email or the authenticator app? Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Amend rate in mileage app

Allow users to amend the rate per mile in the mileage app. To reflect other HMRC approved rates - such as fuel only rate with company vehicles and 25p rate when mileage exceeds 10,000 across other employments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mileage  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How do I fix error 557 in QuickBooks desktop?

If you're encountering Error 557 while verifying your QuickBooks payroll subscription, this article is designed to help you resolve it. We'll walk through the root cause of the error and provide step-by-step solutions. Understanding and resolving this issue is crucial for the smooth running of your payroll process. Let's work together to troubleshoot this error.

https://qbdataservice.com/blog/quickbooks-error-557/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Being able to import data into QBO from Wave would be a real time-saver.

Being able to import data into QBO from Wave would be a real time-saver. We used to be able to import journal entries, which was helpful, but that option is no longer available in the Import Data screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add COA category for "statistical" for such things as hours worked. would not show up on normal financial reporting

Please add a "statistical" category to the chart of accounts to capture things like "hours worked". (the double sided entry would be to two statistical accounts, obviously. Obviously those kinds of data can be captured outside the financial system (QB) but it's nice if relevant data is stored in one place rather than several different sources/spreadsheets, etc. For example, I would like to benchmark our cost per tech per hour. That would be a much easier report if I were booking a monthly entry to track the hours worked in the system. And there are other examples of useful statistical…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. QuickBooks detected that a component required to create pdf files is missing

Encountering the "QuickBooks detected that a component required to create PDF files" error is fairly frequent among QuickBooks Desktop users, especially in the newer Windows 11 environment, more so than its predecessors Windows 10, 8. If this bug is hampering your operations, perusing this guide, specifically designed to tackle this issue in the Windows 11 context, can be very helpful.

https://qbdataservice.com/blog/component-required-for-pdf-print-from-quickbooks-is-missing/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why did QBO try to fix what wasn't broken?

Apparently, the changed invoices and estimates on QBO that do not open like they used to and are in a Beta phase. Am I the only one that is insanely annoyed that I can no longer look at an invoice or estimate, but get the ridiculous banner along the right side?
    It feels like the changes were made for no apparent reason and serve no purpose that I can figure out. Did someone need job security and had to think up something to do?
    Please change this back.
    Otherwise, I will be looking for a new system. We pay too…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Connect Shopify Stocky POs to Bill pay in Quickbooks

I wanted to get POs created in Shopify POS (stocky) when received to load in to Bill Pay in QuickBooks. I had this functionality and every POS that I have purchased.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bills & Expenses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make flat rates billed like flat rates

some time last week when i went to go invoice, all of my flat rate line items were acting like by the hour or unit line items. it used to only have flat rate, no QTY or HOUR option while invoicing, and now all of them have suddenly stopped. There is no point in a flat rate option if it is not set up as a flat rate. I don't know why this was changed as this causes some pretty big issues with billing if you were to accidently change the qty on a flat rate. It has already caused…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to Print W4 in QuickBooks Online, Suggest me some easy ways to do it by myself

Printing W4 forms in QuickBooks Online is a simple process that you can do yourself. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you get started:

Log in to your QuickBooks Online account and navigate to the Payroll Center.
    Click on the "Employees" tab and select the employee for whom you want to print the W4 form.
    Click on the "Edit" button next to the employee's name. Scroll down to the "Taxes" section and click on "Federal Taxes."
    Click on the "Print" button next to the W4 form. Review the form to ensure that it is accurate, and then print and distribute…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Separate Pay Rate Lines attached to different LNI codes

Construction companies whom have employees completing separate job descriptions per their Labor and Industries rates need to be able to have separate hourly rates, and hour boxes linked directly to the LNI rates provided by the state. I have one employee whom completes clerical work, and does for example painting, interior and exterior construction along with roofing. All of these job descriptions have extremely different LNI rates, the system should allow us to enter the broken down hours between each job rate and hourly rate instead of having to pay one rate on all of the hours when it is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatic TimeStamp

When a new invoice is created, it would be nice if it was automatically timestamped. I've seen the whole "custom field" where you have to manually enter a time for every single invoice, but this in not reliable. I understand the concern that the TimeStamp would not update when the invoice is edited and then re-saved, but also we don't want it to update every time either.
    My need in full, would be that whenever an invoice is created, the time would be loaded into a slot just like the date is. This way it would print and be saved…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Side bar scaling to show all text

Side bar when searching for customers doesn't show full text. Need to either text wrap names or make the side bar expandable

Jayvee from intuit chat told me this is the QBO desktop browser feedback channel. I don't know if that's true considering how much "mobile app" I'm seeing here. I told him that the green text above me says "How can we improve QuickBooks Mobile on iOS and Android?" and he told me to ignore it. Looks like a broken link sent me here

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. What are the steps to Print W4 in QuickBooks Online Payroll? Are they different from the steps in QB Desktop?

Yes, the steps to print W4 in QuickBooks Online are different than that of QB Desktop Payroll. The steps are given below:
    Go to the Payroll menu and choose the Employee name.
    Then click on the Edit button followed by Pay > 2020 W-4.
    After that, enter your employee's required W4 information in the form.
    Once you have filled out the form, click Save and Done.

https://dataservicesolutions.com/blog/print-w4-in-quickbooks-online

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Banking  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?