Cancel Modern View and make Classic View the default. The Modern View is a disaster!!!
Cancel Modern View and make Classic View the default
Please return to Classic view it's way better, I was able to generate an invoice an easily converted to recurring transaction with a click at the button and now I have to do more steps because this new layout.
Alesha Bergeron commented
The new modern layout of reports exports information into subtotaled groups. It also does not let you click on any part of a line to open up the transaction.
Corin Wilder commented
I agree. Just found out Classic View will be disabled in a couple days and I am extremely upset. I just need simple reports to review transactions quickly and Modern View is not user friendly nor is it easy to read! It is NOT an improvement.
Carol Swinson commented
Does anyone even realize this?? All your users that do not have access to the payroll, can now see ALL payroll checks and details.
A user set up as "Standard Limited Vendors" Should not be able to see the payroll checks in the Check detail report. In classic View, the payroll checks do not show up. But in NEW Enhanced Experience the payroll checks show up. NOT GOOD!!
New template for estimates and invoice is horrible. Here is why:
1. VERY slow. Every other part of QB is working fast and great. But the Estimates/invoicing page is very slow. Typing response is slow, clicking on columns takes a long time to respond, typing in and loading a customer takes a long time, saving takes a long time.
2. I have to click the save button twice before it will save
3. If I have a estimate/invoice saved, I close out of it, then go back to it to try to edit something, the screen automatically exits the screen and the freezes
4. When you want to add a line, you have to go to the very bottom of the "product or service" section, add what you need then drag the new row where it needs to be (which is really slow so it takes about 3 tries to get it where it needs to go). You used to be able to insert lines anywhere in the columns
5. It is it much more spread out (each section like the header, then the customer info, then the “products or service” section. It makes it hard to read and you have to scroll a lot more now
6. You still can’t see the tax % on the actual invoice either when you print it or on the screen
7. You have to now hit “edit tax” then click “sales tax rate” then save. So many extra steps
8. The printing process takes 2 extra clicks to print now. Was nice when it was there at the bottom of the screen
9. When you print and download, it doesn't download. You have to save it to your computer first now.
Here is what I wrote.
The new Invoices layout is terrible as you know. You can make it useable by doing a few things.
The "Bill to" entry bar seems to have gotten smaller. We need it larger!! Simple repetitive use entries need to be accessible and quick to see.
The old formatting seemed better and easier to read.
When I hit Print and download, why doesnt it download like it used to? Pushing the button now leaves the current page and brings to another page that you have to download, once thats done, you now have to hit the browser "Back button" to go back to the previous page. Using the backbutton is outdated. Thats ridiculous, it should just download from there or at the least bring you to a new page that you print from
Also, now when you download the PDF Title is not the invoice number like it used to be. Now I have to rename them all. Its very cumbersome to make and print and rename multiple invoices.
James Tetzner commented
Absolutely agree. Modern View needs to go. We need to be able to default to Classic View.
I concur with Brandi Daymond's comment. Why did you enable Modern View on QB? It just adds extra clicks to work with the data. Allow the users to determine which default is best.
Brandi Daymond commented
Please disable Modern View, as it is clunky and not user friendly. Every thing I do, I end up switching back to Classic View. If there is a way to disable Modern View permanently, please let me know.