Skip to content

QuickBooks Mobile Feedback Forum

Welcome to the QuickBooks Mobile feature requests forum. Please look through the existing requests and vote on great ideas or create your own suggestion that others can vote on. Make sure to give us plenty of detail so we can better understand the request. It is not guaranteed that any suggestions will make it into the product, but it will help us identify the features you want most.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

81 results found

1. Do not require filing specific payroll taxes if all employees are exempt for that tax.

All employees at my company are exempt from paying state payroll taxes. As such, I have checked the exempt boxes for all employees. The problem is QBO still automatically creates tasks and filings for those taxes even though all employees are exempt. The tasks and filings jam up my feeds and I miss important alerts.

I would like to request QBO only create tasks and filings for taxes if there are non-exempt employees. Otherwise, do not create them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use email for sending verification code

The only option to send code when editing an employee is only through cellphone. Can you add an email or the authenticator app? Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Separate Pay Rate Lines attached to different LNI codes

Construction companies whom have employees completing separate job descriptions per their Labor and Industries rates need to be able to have separate hourly rates, and hour boxes linked directly to the LNI rates provided by the state. I have one employee whom completes clerical work, and does for example painting, interior and exterior construction along with roofing. All of these job descriptions have extremely different LNI rates, the system should allow us to enter the broken down hours between each job rate and hourly rate instead of having to pay one rate on all of the hours when it is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multiple Pay Types

Have the ability for multiple pay types in QBO payroll; i.e. Salary 1, Salary 2, Salary 3, Hourly 1, Hourly 2, Hourly 3, so we can point these various types to different QBO payroll accounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. What to do if QuickBooks Payroll Update Not working?

I understand the frustration when attempting to update QuickBooks Payroll, only to encounter a variety of error messages each time. If you're facing this issue, especially on Windows 11 or 10, I suggest referring to the following article. It consolidates potential solutions to address the 'QuickBooks Payroll Update Not Working' problem.

https://qbdataservice.com/blog/quickbooks-payroll-update-not-working/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Employee IRA contribution direct deposit

It would be nice to be able to set up direct deposit for employee contributions into their simple IRA accounts. Currently, there is only the option for deducting the contributions but not actually sending them to their IRA accounts. It would be nice if it would automatically deposit the amounts into their accounts just like their payroll.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Looking for Support and Solutions for Error Code 40003 in QuickBooks Payroll!

I hope all is okay with you. I've been having trouble with QuickBooks Payroll lately, and the error code is 40003. My ability to effectively calculate payroll is being hampered by this inaccuracy, which is causing delays in my payroll processes.

I've tried certain troubleshooting techniques, such as examining my internet connection, confirming the validity of my payroll subscription, and updating QuickBooks to the most recent version. But despite my efforts, Error Code 40003 keeps coming up, and I can't fix it myself.

Has anyone else before encountered this specific error? If so, I would be very grateful for any…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Drivers license info fields in payroll

It would be nice to have fields for drivers license information in the employee profile. So many employers use drivers license information for I-9 verification of citizenship and also for insurance purposes, so fields for DL number, state, and expiration date would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. QuickBooks detected that a component required to create pdf files is missing

Encountering the "QuickBooks detected that a component required to create PDF files" error is fairly frequent among QuickBooks Desktop users, especially in the newer Windows 11 environment, more so than its predecessors Windows 10, 8. If this bug is hampering your operations, perusing this guide, specifically designed to tackle this issue in the Windows 11 context, can be very helpful.

https://qbdataservice.com/blog/component-required-for-pdf-print-from-quickbooks-is-missing/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Effective Solutions to Fix Script Error Message In Quickbooks and Ensure Smooth Accounting Software Functioning

If you are encountering the script error message in QuickBooks, it can be frustrating and can interrupt your accounting software's seamless functioning. However, there are several effective solutions that you can follow to fix this error and ensure that your QuickBooks software runs smoothly.

Firstly, you can try updating your browser settings by clearing the cache and cookies, disabling script debugging, and enabling Active Scripting. These updates will help QuickBooks to run smoothly and prevent any script errors.

Secondly, you can repair your QuickBooks installation by opening the Control Panel, going to Programs and Features, selecting QuickBooks, and clicking on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Quickbooks Online Payroll Mapping

When you change the name of the Chart of Accounts, the mapped payroll account should be automatically updated as well.

When you do not update the account, QBO recreates the old Expense accounts.
    Forcing more work, because you have to remap every individual employee to the New Account.

(this is important for me, because I put people's names in the Cost Centers of the accounts they are accountable over)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How to fix QuickBooks Error PS038 in Windows and MAC OS?

QuickBooks is a widely used software platform that offers a variety of features to help businesses with their accounting tasks. However, like any complex piece of software, it can occasionally run into errors. One such error is the QuickBooks Error PS038, a payroll update error that can occur when users are trying to send payroll data or direct deposit paychecks.

The QuickBooks Error PS038 usually presents itself with a message stating that the user cannot send the payroll data due to an update being in progress, even if there's no such update happening. This error can create hurdles for businesses…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. UK HMRC Benefits Payrolling

Now that UK HMRC are encouraging businesses to manage employment benefits through Payrolling rather than end of year P11D, the QBO functionality should be included in the Standard Payroll suite, not only Advanced Payroll subscription. Switching between the two is not a simple operation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Retirement and garnishments need to be added to Payroll liabilites. Like Taxes. This is a must for anyone doing payroll!!

retirement and garnishments need to be added to payroll liabities. Like taxes, to be paid and tracked the same way. Very important.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Printed Payroll check stubs QBO

Is there a way to exclude pay items on a printed payroll check stub that does not have a YTD total? Only include pay items that have YTD totals?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Many customers have asked that when migrating from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online that their historical payroll be migrated as well

Many customers have asked that when migrating from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online that their historical payroll be migrated as well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SURPRISE employees with bonus checks without it emailing them beforehand. Option when to send email would be great

Would love if we could SURPRISE employees with bonus checks without it emailing them beforehand. Option when to send email would be great

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix QuickBooks Stopped Calculating Employees Payroll Tax Issue

So, today we will look at the causes of the error and the methods to help us troubleshoot QuickBooks not calculating Payroll Taxes accurately problem and provide step-by-step guidance to execute the troubleshooting error.

Read More: https://bit.ly/3DPYv24

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide Class Tagging on Auto Payroll Journals in Standard Payroll Online

Currently in QBO (with Standard Payroll) there is no facility to tag auto-generated Payroll Journal entries with a Class. This is inconsistent with the basic methodology of tagging every transaction with a Class. Payroll generates many journal entries so it is a lot of work to edit each line manually to add a Class.
    For me, it would be adequate to apply the same Class tag to all Payroll Journals. This could be specified in Accounts and Settings / Payroll / Journal Mapping.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base