59 votes19 comments · QuickBooks Online Feature Requests » Sales Tax Center · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
I posted this 7 months ago, not much done...
These are very helpful feedback requests. My hope is influential Intuit product managers read this blog and take it as positive tips.
1) Prior to actually setting up sales tax - provide necessary background instructions on reporting sales tax on a Cash basis vs. Accrual. Exactor, a company who has mastered sales tax as they claim if true, the system should have some intelligence built-in to detect whether to file accrual or cash basis. After all, they already have access to QBO company name and address file.
2) Ability to toggle to Cash/accrual basis from the Sales Tax Center. This is for reporting cash basis who can't back to old one.
3) Option to add additional rate. When you know tax is not auto-populating correctly on the Sales forms and the tax rate is not up-to-date, what good option do actual users have anyway? They can use this solve immediate issue.
4) Direct hotline phone number to deal specific issues with automated sales tax system, preferably Exactor support. At present, support specialists are not up-to-date, still referring to old features.
5) Sales and Sales Tax Reports - currently reports are highly inadequate. They should introduce new sales reports filterable by sales by county, city, state, out-of-state. And also update existing current taxable sales report to include non-taxable sales to help file sales tax return. Again, the sales tax report should be tailored to what information they need to actually file the tax return. Good to know Intuit has recently acquired Exactor, a company who has mastered sales tax. Show us your expertise and some good reports.
6) Recording Sales Tax Payment (accounting issue) - this should somehow sync with creating vendor expense form. Currently, the only option is to record tax payment in the Sales Tax Center which doesn't work (accounting wise) if you actually need to PRINT a check in QBO. It creates duplicate transactions.
Need instructions on how to record a check payment to the tax agency. What account to use when writing a check in QBO?
1) Sales Tax Details Rate Table Report
2) Non-Taxable Sales Report
32 votes6 comments · QuickBooks Online Feature Requests » Customer Center · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Left Dashboard > Projects > Customer/Proejct > Transactions
Please add Payee (Vendor's Name) as default or add to columns (middle gear).
1) Be able to add Project at the sub-customer level, not just parent level
2) On Customer's Transaction List page, make Project column (which need to be added from middle gear at the far right) also SORTABLE column like Date/Type/No. In fact, it's not a bad idea if you could make this a default column.
Why? See details here.
To merge Sub-customers into Projects.
Projects still work similar to sub-customers in QBO.
So to merge a sub-customer to a project:
1) first set up a new Project
2) go back to Customers page (dashboard > left navigation bar > sales > customers)
3) select on the sub-customer
4) select "edit" button at the top right)
5) customer information screen will open
6) Edit "Display name as" field to the Project name
7) Save to merge
This will move all historical transactions to the Project.
3 votes0 comments · QuickBooks Online Feature Requests » Import/Export · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
1,090 votesstarted · 196 comments · QuickBooks Online Feature Requests » Inventory · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Glad it's STARTED - it took 1823 days
4 votes0 comments · QuickBooks Online Feature Requests » Customer Center · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
- able to transfer from existing customer/sub-customer data to Projects. Batch action or preferred transactions
- way to create multiple new projects from the same page. Currently, you create one project, then if you want to add another new project, you will need to click "All projects" link at the upper left corner to get back to the Projects page. And then add new Project. Too many clicks, pure waste of time.
- of course, you don't have added any new reports. Also, project reports by items (products/services).
2,832 votesunder review · 270 comments · QuickBooks Online Feature Requests » Users · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
They do listen. It took 1700 days and 2200 votes to put that Under Review tab. Let's see how long it will take to "Completed" status.
20 votes1 comment · QuickBooks Online Feature Requests » Sales Form Customization · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
This feature request is huge.
19 votes0 comments · QuickBooks Invoice Payments Portal » Payment Method · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
1,677 votes318 comments · QuickBooks Online Feature Requests » Homepage · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
25 votes0 comments · QuickBooks Online Feature Requests » Time Activity · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Got to have this feature in QBO.
232 votesstarted · 48 comments · QuickBooks Online Feature Requests » Inventory · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
The new "Reorder" feature is good. Many users are asking for the way to see if an inventory item is already on a purchase order or not in QBO.
It's amazing that you do not even have a basic commonly used inventory feature in QBO.
Please make Accountant version of QBO be able to consolidate financial statements of multiple companies.
Also, please have the "Prepared Date" in Management Reports automatically reflect Today's Date.