Very disappointing e
Very disappointing experience with DBS Solution.
I have a sinkhole/hole developing in my yard around an existing drainage system that has been there for years for natural runoff.
DBS initially came out to evaluate the situation and subsequently returned with camera and locating equipment, exposed the accessible portion of the corrugated drain pipe, traced the line through the bamboo area toward the creek, inspected the corrugated pipe and a 12” storm drainage pipe, and checked the inlet and outlet areas.
According to their report, they found the drainage lines open and functioning through the areas inspected and did not find a blockage or visible pipe failure. They concluded that water may be traveling along the outside of the existing piping and washing soil toward the drainage area, potentially contributing to the void/sinkhole. They then referred me to another company for grading, drainage, erosion-control, or site work.
I was ultimately charged $284 after the 5% veteran discount.
I contacted DBS because I was surprised by the overall cost and wanted to discuss it. I was told that I had agreed to a higher amount for the service call and that they had sent an approximately $80,000 truck to my property. I understand that businesses have costs associated with sending employees and specialized equipment to a property, and I ultimately paid the bill.
What disappointed me was the lack of willingness to work with me as a customer after I explained my concerns about the cost. I understand that they performed diagnostic work, and I’m not saying they didn’t provide a service. My concern is whether the cost was reasonable for the result and recommendations I received.
The investigation ruled out an obvious internal pipe problem, but the actual site work needed to address the erosion/sinkhole was referred to another company.
Maybe I’m out of touch, but is this a normal charge for this type of diagnostic visit?
Based on my experience, I would personally look elsewhere before calling DBS Solution again.