Quicktasks

1. Make customers' territories sticky.

It would greatly help us to track sales representative's performance and payroll if we could assign clients to their territories and have those territories remain assigned to the client until/unless we change it. As is, every time we open a new invoice, the territory is pre-populated with the last territory we used for ANY client, not with the territory we last assigned that customer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Aggressive updates to bank rules

These are all ways to improve bank rules.

1. Please create new fields for customers/projects, and billability. this will allow auto-entry of transactions that are project-tracked
    2. Please expand the and/or options. Our choices shouldn't be any or all, but what if it is this or that plus something else. Zoho Inc, makers of Zoho CRM has this very well expanded out (unlimited amount) and they use a formula to track the statement. example, A) 1. If amount is greater than 26.22 and 2. if bank text contains HSBC or if desc equals CHASE, then the zoho crm formula would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow "Your Rate" FX rate to be good for longer than 1 day

Currently we can only change rate each day. We use same FX rate for the year and then allow FX balance sheet to collect deltas. This would be easier in our business and would be an extra box on screen that allows you to set FX rate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Custom Forms to be assigned to a customer

The current Custom forms requires us to pick the custom form for each account on each invoice - error prone. Allow us to assign a custom form to each supplier / customer. We can always override with customize option each time but this would eliminate many errors of omission in QBO.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Total QTY for products/items on Invoice

It's essential to have total QTY and total Amount on the Invoice. Really hard to make a new Invoice for customer and COUNT by hand all items and make sure that Invoice is correct and matching Packing List.

Sometimes I have up to a 100 of items and few thousandths of pieces/sets on one Invoice. I have to waste so much time to count it and make sure that Invoice is correct.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. View Notes While Entering Data

Please allow users to view customer/vendor notes when entering bill or customer invoices. There is data on these notes that users refer to when entering data. It is time consuming to exit out of the transaction to see the notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ... include CIS figures in an estimate/quote

I can select the CIS "Product/Service" in an estimate but, for some reason, it doesn't include the CIS figures in the totals. However if I generate an invoice from that estimate, then it does include the CIS figures!

This means that:

- the estimate figure is incorrect
    - the estimate doesn't match the invoice
    - leaves an outstanding figure in the estimates' report
    - if the job is split into 2 or more invoices, it causes confusion with regard to what is outstanding in the final invoice.

Really hope you can sort this out. We're gradually moving everything over to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Able to amend the bank reconciliation report after saved!!!

Able to amend after a wrong bank reconciliation report saved.. is hard for user to undo all the reconcile for a month and do again.. what a waste of time

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow timesheets entries to attach to AP Bills

Allow timesheets entries to attach to AP Bills so I can pay my independent contractors and have backup for the bill. I can do this for customers, why not vendors also?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable Price Rules for Vendors

Enable Price Rules for Vendor so that I can use one Item to record time for each of my independent contractors. They each have different rates and I do not want multiple items for different rates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Assign a location to specific Products and Services

The option to pull up an Inventory by Location report is currently unavailable since QBO can't assign a location to specific products and services. It would be awesome if this could be added. Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add location tracking to transfers

It would be helpful if, when using Location Tracking, we could add location info to transfers. (ie. Transfering funds from one location to another) This way the transfers can also be tracked in a Balance Sheet by Location report. Going the extra mile on this one would be including this option when entering transfers from the Bank Downloads screen.

Currently the only option I have found is to enter a Journal Entry for this transfer, which is not the most intuitive to use for a lot of business owners.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Budget vs. Actual Report YTD or with Custom Dates

Hello,

I would like to be able to generate a report that shows budget vs actual for a custom date range. The current Budget vs. Actual report shows budget total for the entire year even, but that gets compared to actuals YTD... Ultimately, this is unhelpful because if i have anything budgeted in the remainder of the year, it doesn't add up or compare. Being able to see what the budget is YTD would be a huge improvement to this functionality, to be able to see how my business is doing so far.

Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add the Customer Type option

The sample import spreadsheet has a column for Customer Type, yet the import screen doesn't show this option, nor does Quickbooks have this field shown in Customer Detail. I need to group my customers by type. And they are not Sub-customers of each other.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. provide a customer credit reference report

a report that provides detailed information about the customer to answer questions like:
    how long have they been a customer?
    what is their high credit?
    payment history? amounts past due? last date of invoice?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add last 7 days as a date range in reports

I have two memorized reports that Automatically get emailed to my business partners on Friday. I would like this report to automatically include any checks written from the past Friday - Current Thursday.

If I were printing and emailing, I could customize the dates, but since I am not, there is not a good option for me to use on my customized reports. The customized dates won't automatically advance, so each Thursday, I have to change the customized dates. It kind of takes away from this automatic task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give users the option to turn OFF automated sales tax.

I have several clients with very unique sales tax situations. Cash basis sales tax filers with accrual basis books. Different sales locations used. How will we be ensured that these items are being correctly handled? I am uncomfortable with not being able to edit sales tax rates, etc. I have a new client that was just automatically set up to use automated sales taxes, but there is no tax rate in the system. As accountants, we should be able to turn this off when necessary to make changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Auto Save

Auto Save Please!

I have lost so many hours of work because I step away for a while and come back to a sign-in screen and a lost document.

There ought to be a "Public Computer" option to opt-in to this privacy/safety feature. I do 95% of my work in my home office with zero chance of unauthorized users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Report showing linked Estimates and Purchase Orders

It would be really useful to be able to run a report that shows the purchase order raised from a saved Estimate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Quicktasks

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base