I suggest you ...

Job Costing and Job Project Tracking

Have Job Cost or Project Cost or tracking function within Quickbooks Online.

5,494 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    info shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Welcome to QuickBooks Projects! Projects help you organize all the pieces that make up a project, including transactions, time, and running reports so you always know how your project’s doing. This feature is currently only for QuickBooks Online Plus in Canada, UK, United States and Australia.

Please see this article for more information about projects:
    https://community.intuit.com/articles/1549960

This is just the beginning for Projects, and we’d love your feedback. You’ll see a feedback button in your project. Tell us how it’s going and what we can do to make Projects better.

759 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allocate Payroll to Projects and pull P&L by project.. some customers have more than one project. We currently use the location field as the project. But you cant do allocation that way. Location needs to be by line item just as class and customer is. Or make it so you can run reports by projects.. and not just one project at a time using customizations. QBO is so limited especially when you have multi currency and multi entities. We are looking to change soon if things do not get better!!

• ALvin Siow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why this feature does not apply to other countries like malaysia, alot of people requesting this feature

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that Quickbooks online has the Projects feature, instead of creating one invoice per project, can Intuit add a feature to select projects by line item instead?

Harvest has a feature when creating invoices to select projects by line item. This is very convenient and can save a lot of time. Can Intuit release the same or similar feature for their invoicing system?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a start, but I really need some kind of tools for costing a construction job before creating an estimate.

We really need the ability to create a materials list and budget (cannot use PO's because they don't show up in the project list at all). A place to add estimated man hours and that cost as well.

A great feature would be the ability to add attachments to a project itself, not just to an estimate or invoice. This would be very useful for uploading job photos, warranties, and other documents.

• Carly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have recently joined QBO (converted from desktop). We run two companies - one i converted all of the sub customers to projects however it quickly became apparent that unless you 'delete' the project you are not able to make the customers inactive - please can you sort this asap?

Projects: Transaction list should show Purchase Orders (w/status) and Estimates(w/status)

• Becki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I turned the projects feature on in quickbooks online plus but "projects" is missing from my dashboard. How do I make it appear in the list?

• Shariq Mohammad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With DASH for Quickbooks, you can easily:
        • Have answers from anywhere
        • Have confidence in what your staff is doing
        • Know how much money is outstanding from clients
        • Know how projects are unfolding
        • Be comfortable with cash flow.
        And all of this is accessible RIGHT FROM YOUR PHONE!

Customizable and embeddable anywhere powered by Power BI.

Please reach out to me at smohammad@turtle.works

• Connie Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see job costing to work like in QBDT, by customer, including job estimates, budgets & profitability reports, and allocate labor costs. Any updates when or if we'll see these updates.

• Willie Liebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just checked out www.xero.com and have signed up for a trial. If I am satisfied I will cancel my QuickBook subscription.

Xero seem to have all the project costing features I need and it is not a work around.

Regarding job costing and your questions:
        We do use sub-contractors, we do not use time tracking in Quickbooks but would consider it if I had more info about how to use it. For subs I create a bill and then pay bill with a check. Include customer info if it applies to that invoice.

• Benoit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I would like to be able to know the real project cost, including the labor cost.

In the profit and loss report for a Project, labor cost should be included.

Project costing should also take in consideration non-billable hours. Event if these hours are not billable to the client, we have to pay for that labor!

Thanks a lot!

• Willie Liebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terri, You are clearly knowledgeable on the subject of costing. I have seen the type of costing that your are talking about in a manufacturing plant where there was an entire costing department breaking down all operating costs and applying them to the product manufacturing cost. A massive undertaking.

However, small businesses only require the direct costs of a project. Nothing more, nothing less. All operating costs are thrown into the 'overheads' bucket.

The desktop version has a job costing feature which is exactly what is required for a small business. Taking it away because it does not suit the needs of large companies does not make sense. The small business just wants to know if the project was completed within the estimated budget. It does not have to be complicated.

We need the ability to assign a transaction to a project / job, which is typically a number. Oh, and the project / job needs to be assigned to a client. The desktop version worked perfectly in this regard.

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very basic at the moment.
        You need to have project numbers and sub numbers for line items.

• cory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see this "You’ll see a feedback button in your project." We need ability to assign specific projects to employees so that time tracking employees don't see entire customer list when entering hours. Also, can you not have all projects show in our customer list?

• Tricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to do project/job estimates by employee and then show the estimate v actual by employee. I have jobs that limit the amount of time a certain employee can work on the job and I currently have to track this in Excel by doing a lot of monthly data entry.

• dntoto@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want a box on the invoice to state job company name, address and city. We work on different commercial buildings t like malls, and need to state the store name.

You need to add back the employee wages back into the job costing, like it was on the desktop.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38

Feedback and Knowledge Base