I suggest you ...

Add preferred vendor/supplier in Products and Services list

Add preferred vendor/supplier to inventory and Service item set up. Can we get the Vender field added to the inventory reports?

98 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

QBO Plus customers will now see the field Preferred Vendor/Supplier when setting up inventory items under the Purchasing Information section. Preferred vendor is also available as an additional column that can be added to the Product and Service List report.

If you add a Preferred Vendor/supplier to your inventory items, and you select Reorder from the Action column for that item, the Purchase Order will automatically populate with that vendor name saving you an extra step.

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes, as I'm adding a Vendor 'on the fly' in the transaction, it jumps and doesn't let me add it; so I have to go back to the main Vendors page and add it there. NOT convenient at all. zzzzzzz

• T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will preferred vendor field be added to products and services?

• Callie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having difficulty sorting out similar products that are supplied by different vendors. Is there any way to do this easily. Would it be possible for your developers to add this? It would be so helpful. Can you provide me with a work around?Thanks in advance

• Paul B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hard to grasp that you haven't managed to add this in 3 years.
        It's literally a simple db table with reference entries to product and supplier.

• Hans Frederickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We desperately need this feature. We have thousands of items and people in our company keep ordering things from the wrong vendor because we can't track this anymore!

this was a feature we used heavily and relied on with QB Desktop 2013 and really need it brought back.

• Rhonda Patterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on the online version, it would be GREATLY SPPRECIATED, if you would let us add the vendor to the product description in the inventoy item... thanks!!!!

• Danita McDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see vendor information listed in the products/service list in Quickbooks Online as it was in Quickbooks.

• Marie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Preferred supplier is need in the product details page. We are in the repairs of forklifts and when we need a part that we don't have in the workshop and haven't ordered for numerous months there is no way we can work out where we brought those part from. Where as on the desktop version the preferred supplier section was so helpful and useful.

Ideally linked from the Suppliers list. This way I can run reports on what products come from which supplier.

Re-order point in inventory
        Preferred Vendor field for inventory items
        Alternate Vendor field for inventory items
        Unit Weight field for inventory items

Why did the ability to link a preferred vendor to service items go away? That was a big selling point to using Quickbooks with my business. This product has become significantly less useful.

When you go to Product/Services it would be nice to have a comments field to add notes. Also be able to add various vendors for the same P/N showing different pricing and then being able to select that vendor. I buy many things from many vendors and this only allows e to store cost and pricing for one vendor.

Products need to have a field to identify the vendor.

Vendor needs a field to identify their products.

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Inventory

Feedback and Knowledge Base