I suggest you ...

Enable a Sales Rep to be assigned to a Customer/Client

Make it possible in the Edit Client Information Screen to assign a Sales Rep to a Client. This would enable quick reporting of Sales by Rep

1,272 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kori Sanders shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

91 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this still being ignored?! The workarounds just don't work the same. Get this sorted QBO!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely a must! In addition, it would be extremely helpful to us to be able to assign a recruiter to the individual employee and vendor (sub-contractor) record. And having these fields attach to the individual's time-tracking record would be a WIN-WIN! This would enable us to generate our commission reports from QBO rather than manually using Excel.

This is such a fundamental part of any invoicing system...please add asap. Its been under review since 2016 and a suggestion since 2012??

• Danissa Miedes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create an unscheduled recurring transaction invoice for each customer with the Sales Rep pre-filled. This way, you will just go to the recurring list and use the memorized invoice with the Sales Rep pre-filled. This is still not a very efficient process but could be a quick solution.

Yes, please. My client needs this function. They have a large number of invoices that need to be assigned to sales reps.

• ZA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this option still not available on QB online? Very disappointed

• Colin Drever commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS A MUST HAVE- why is this taking so long to change- Its a feature in QB desktop why cant it be set up on QB online. Be able to add a rep to a customer and then have it save it so next time it just populates when you start a new invoice for that same customer.

I don't understand why you cannot duplicate the customer field from Desktop into the online version. Why is the online version lacking in so many areas? But yet costs far more than the desktop.... and lacks so many features. Doesn't make sense. I feel you should be working harder to satisfy YOUR customers needs and wants!!!!!

• no sales rep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QB On_Line rep tells me - Sure it can track sales reps - we sign up and move data, then find out it is all manual. How is a front office person supposed to memorize who the sales rep is for every order - I am very surprised after so many years in the industry - Intuit has not figured this out -- we might go back to other vendor.

• Beth Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! When we converted from QB Desktop to QBO, we lost all of our historical sales by rep data. We set up Departments in QBO to function in the way we used to use for reps, but we can't pull reports for previous periods because the sales rep data from Desktop is gone. And if we ever decide to go back to Desktop, our Department data will be gone.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ABSOLUTELY! the lack of this after attempting to migrate over from Quickbooks Premier Manufacturing to QBO Plus is going to be the number one reason (of many) that we revert to using QBDesktop on our internal servers.

I give commissions to sales reps and need to figure that out manually now. I would be able to use this function in QB desktop.

• Shelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this, it doesn't make sense to have to manually add each sales rep by invoice in order to pull a sales report by sales rep.

• Shelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this asap! It doesn't make sense that it needs to be manually added to each invoice every time when accounts/ customers are almost always under a certain sales rep

← Previous 1 3 4 5

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Customer Center

Feedback and Knowledge Base