or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

1012 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this, it is making my switch from Desktop Pro to Online a very big headache. Why can you not add simple "fillable" text boxes, or move the shipping box location so that it won't show in windowed envelopes next to Bill To... etc, etc. Cannot believe this is 2018.

I agree that "The .docx solution is a joke". It is horrible. It does not handle all the different scenarios like tax/no tax, discount/no discount, multi-currency, etc.

If you want to see online invoice templates done right, look at Zoho. Their templates are very flexible and easy to alter.

For me, all I really want to do is remove the "Accepted By" and "Accepted Date" from the bottom of the estimate. These have no business being there and users have been requesting these to be removed since 2014.

Why not add a footer section where users can type this text, or anything else if they want it?

• Anne-Marie Murch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh dear dear QB... how you left us hanging. You made a promise WAY back in July 2015. In your promise you promised that you staffed this feature and are making headway. REALLY? Are you complete because if you say you are done then this is my time to step away from QB and consider another alternative like Xero Dashboard. We already stopped using your payroll. Honestly your templates are horrible and print badly. YOU CAN'T modify them! Seriously you can't! Why don't you try and modify and tell me how that works for you. Oh I forgot you don't use your own product to invoice...I clearly hate this part of the product. You are such liars!

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Changes to this were supposedly started back in 2013.
        They obviously have ok intention on making this any better or it would of been done by now.
        If you just recently switched over I would advise "what you see is what you get". Better to go back to the desktop version or better yet another system.

Hopefullly none of your data was screwed up in the transfer like mine was.....
        Still have about 700 entries that need to be corrected and they have to be done one at a time.....
        Going from product to product should be seamless. This is far from the case using QB.

The .docx solution is a joke.
        Spent days doing this just to get something that was close to what I was using before only to find the limitations of it and also when updates are rolled out it changes things.
        All that wasted time for nothing.....

• Gen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's ridiculously hard to make a nice looking bill in Quickbooks online. I am very disappointed.

We need to be able to hide billing rate to the employees filling out timesheets. They should not know how much we are charging a customer for their services. This should be a simple fix surely. It even suggests you can do it with a tick box but then doesnt work.

• Mari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed this needs to happen . . what is the use of widening a column in the invoice template when you can't increase the character limit?

• Lisa Layton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@QBO Team, I to was happy with your response until I looked at the date...it has now been almost 3 years & your import function is still ridiculous, I can't get the Service Date to print on the invoice, even using your "example" import invoice...we should also be able to bring our own fonts in, especially when free on the internet & already on my computer...
        I just might have to find another option for keeping my books, etc if this isn't fixed soon...I can't believe we can't easily import Desktop forms into the Online version, you want us to use the online version but can't bring our forms...I could understand if we were coming from another company, but it's ridiculous we can't bring from Desktop to Online...

@QBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) - Your response made me very happy. It was helpful, detailed and very encouraging. Please also consider giving us the ability to have invoices for multiple companies in each QBO file.

Need to see payments on Invoices. Customers very confused by balance owed and what total project cost was. How do I show the payments they made ?

I'm a software developer on the side. While I understand that development takes about three times as long as what you plan, this is ridiculous. It would take me about three hours to make a comparable fix on one of my projects. What are you guys doing with your time? or How bad is your code? It's got to be one of the two, which has me concerned with the security of QBOnline...

Can't believe this thread started over 5 YEARS ago, and customization is so limited. Worst worst worst. Insulting to your paying customers. Unconscionable.

• GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Intuit gives ZERO s#*ts about you or anyone else. They have many millions of subscribers giving them boatloads of money that they use to pay thier board and investors. Please do yourself a favor and find another solution. You're beating a dead horse if there ever was one. They'll get passed up by another SaaS provider soon enough...

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no word? We really need customizable sales receipts! Again, it is so tacky to have "Bill to" and "Balance due" on a donor receipt.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is making not just me unhappy, but all of our very important donors unhappy. They like to see that each sales receipts says "no goods or services were provided in exchange for this donation." With the current form, you cannot add this wherever you want on the form, and you cannot remove "Balance due" at the bottom. Also, you cannot make this a default setting either. It always returns to the awful sales receipt template. Please fix!

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if different custom form styles could have different content. They're not really that 'custom' if you can't change the content to be different on different styles.

Some people in this world are starting to become unhappy with the way Quickbooks online takes forever with getting things done. Very disappointing. I shall take my books elsewhere. :(

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base