or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

1015 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We currently use quickbooks online version. I would like there to be a section added to an invoice to add internal notes. Something that when printed the customer does not see but for my benefit only.

• Eddie Paterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While you are changing invoices, please include a facility not to include a customer's personal name. At the moment you need to enter a personal name and company name. With the GDPR minimising the amount of personal data we spew out would be a great help.
        In most cases we dont need the name of a person - just the name of the company.

Hi GRRRRRRR,

Hey, I am actually the developer of formfarm.io. It's not an ad. I had the same issues that you all have had with the forms in Quickbooks. So I built this to solve my own problems. Wanted to see if it could help anyone else out there. BTW, it's free to use. Would love hear any feedback!

• IntuitHatesItsCustomers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, now we're advertising here. What a wasteland, can't possibly believe Intuit doesn't have someone maintaining things here...oh wait, that sounds just like something Intuit would do, actually.

I was able to get fairly reasonable results from using the docx template, making it my own and branding it in a way that was similar with my other forward facing docs. A lot of the data placeholders don't even work. Half baked garbage, and they could have done so much better. I'd say that even after 7k votes, and a thousand comments...this topic is 100% dead in the water. I would not expect any improvements to sales form customization moving forward.

• formfarm.io commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We’re a small business and we know the importance of customizing forms. When we saw how limited the existing options are we decided to create a solution. We call it formfarm.io and we’re opening it up to beta users today.

With formfarm.io you can create stunning invoices that represent your brand. Best of all, it integrates with QuickBooks Online to pull in your data and automatically populate forms to print or email.

Here are a few of the key features:
        - Advanced browser-based template editor with intuitive drag-and-drop editing
        - Control over table styles and column order
        - Use multiple logos and images, of any size
        - Wide selection of font, style, and size choices
        - Individually control style for each field
        - Header and footer customization
        - Real-time preview of template before print or email
        - Support for envelope windows
        - Supports QR and barcodes
        - Automatically populates forms with data from QuickBooks Online

We think you’ll be excited to try formfarm.io. The beta is completely free and you can sign up at www.formfarm.io to receive your invitation. Try it out and see how formfarm.io can help you create truly stunning invoices.

• Shariq Mohammad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With DASH for Quickbooks, you can easily:
        • Have answers from anywhere
        • Have confidence in what your staff is doing
        • Know how much money is outstanding from clients
        • Know how projects are unfolding
        • Be comfortable with cash flow.
        And all of this is accessible RIGHT FROM YOUR PHONE!

Customizable and embeddable anywhere powered by Power BI.

Please reach out to me at smohammad@turtle.works

We're looking to maybe more our invoicing function on to Quickbooks, but there are a couple of snagging points:

- More font options would be good - none of the (4!) standard fonts are in line with our company's standardised documents;

- Ability to include a remittance advice with customer invoices. Our present format includes a tear off strip at the bottom of the invoice which the customer can use to return with their payment.

• David Hallaran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to put part numbers (SKU) into estimates or invoices...it's just as important as price information, quantities, totals, etc etc etc! I've created an invoice using import style and the SKU data does not populate onto the quotes or invoices I need to create.

• tomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

spent 4 hours, multiple chat windows to see if there is a way to add a RUSH % between the Subtotal and the Tax field of an invoice ----- nothing... no love

• Lana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the 'Map your fields to Quickbooks fields' part of Import Style, the fileds are all over the place. Group the fields to make the selection process easier.
        e.g. 1) Invoice Number field is almost at the bottom. 2) Invoice line selections are nowhere near each other

Is there anyway to customize a customer statement to change it to a annual donor statement for charitable organizations which have to send out annual charity statements?

Can you please add the option to choose between different invoice forms? When I make a change to one, it changes all of them. I want to be able to create 3-4 different invoice styles for my company's needs.

• Rayman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 years later and still can't import docx for credit notes and statements. Absolutely pathetic.

I do not find QBO to be user friendly at all. I find the invoice and estimate templates to be inferior. We rely on the SKU numbers and cannot change column order. I would like the SKU number to be beside the description of product. I spent hours on the phone with a rep and hours on my own just to find out this was not possible.

I do not find QBO user friendly at all.

I

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not going to get fixed by posting here.
        They simply don't read these posts.

You need to call in and get this escalated to get the attention it needs.
        I've done this, but everyone else also needs to.

Otherwise it's falling on deaf ears.

This seems such a fundamental problem to solve.
        I will move an alternative system if is not fixed since the invoice generated is not customer friendly - having a massive bold font invoice total implies late payment

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to that.
        We pay three times more than the desktop version and get quite a bit less.
        A support rep even agreed with me.

I like many others was tempted by being on the most currently updated version of the software.

Where are the friggin updates!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 50 51

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base