I suggest you ...

Selecting different emails to send FROM

Hello, I am looking for a feature that would be very helpful to my company, but I believe would be extremely helpful to other companies that use your program as well.
I am wanting the option to choose which email my estimates and invoices get sent from. For example for my project managers who are negotiating with the client via the estimates I would like them to choose their name/email from a dropdown so that once the estimate gets sent the client can respond to the corresponding project manager. Once the estimate is approved and transitions into an invoice it would then be another email so that the client can reach out to our billing department and not the project manager. Hope to see this feature soon! Thanks.

264 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Laura Ailshire shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt Lowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        I have seen lots of requests from QBO customers requesting the ability to send invoice/statement emails etc from there own email address, and so far have been unable to find any responses from Intuit with regards to this!
        This is quite a basic feature to implement for Intuit!!
        To allow a customer to select the ability to send emails so that they come from there own email address and not Intuit, the following needs to be done :

By Intuit :
        Add a feature to allow customer to add a custom from address for there email.
        Take the domain part of of the custom email address, perform a SPF lookup for this, and if this includes the required data for Intuits email servers, then set the from address for that users account to the supplied address.
        If the SPF doesn't have the correct settings, then display the required settings for Intuit along with a very basic howto on combining with existing SPF records.

By Customer :
        Contact there DNS provider (if they don't manage this themselves), request the additional SPF record to be added.
        Log back into there Intuit account and verify that the email address is acceptable.

As already stated, this requires a small feature upgrade for Intuit and makes all there customers appear more professional as well as allowing end users to simply hit 'Reply' to query an invoice etc.
        Intuit could include this option without any support at all, include it within there current support or if they wished, add a very simple SPF record generator to the site (or link to an external one) so that customers can get help in the setup.

By using the SPF records (and possibly including a DKIM record as well) this avoids any issues with emails being sent to end users SPAM folders when sending from Intuit servers using a customers email address.

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is ridiculous that this is not available when most other cheaper online accounting software already allows for you to do this. This is the primary reason I'm regretting signing up for QBO. The only work around is to download the invoice and email it ourselves which is incredibly inconvenient.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can still have it be a quickbooks domain email - just make it unique to each customer. We have 6 customers using your service and we automatically log the email to each customer for historical records. Your current method DOES NOT ALLOW US TO KEEP A UNIQUE EMAIL for their invoices. It's a mess.

Allow sending emails from my own domain, this is possible with an MX record and would look far more professional, I simply don't want emails to come from QuickBooks to my customers.

We constantly have customers say they didn't get the invoice because it is be blocked as spam, please please allow us to use our address with our domain so it is received by the customer.

• Angi Mariani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be excellent if quickbooks allowed us to email an invoice direct from our own email account (eg gmail), instead of from the quickbooks email, as these can get blocked by customers. Sage allows us to email direct from outlook. I would require it to let us email direct from gmail. I really thought quickbooks would allow this which is why I moved to the online system. As it is , it is now more cumbersome to email out invoices than it was on my old system. Please can this be reviewed and the system updated please?
        It would be good if you gave companies the choice to either email out from within quickbooks or via another email address

Many thanks
        Angi

Email an invoice from a personal email address so that a reply address can be used and the IP sender set up for safe sending.
        Enable QBO users to set up SPF records and DKIM sending keys handshaking. Advertise the IPs used.
        The current method of sending is blocked by many ISPs and is now not used as customers are not receiving invoices via the SaaS sending method with a global from adress.

this would be great. at the moment some people mistake invoices as spam because the email it comes from is a lot of letters and numbers.

• Louise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important for us as a business. It seems that some emails are going into customers SPAM and we are missing out on payments and it makes our credit control process longer.

• Cheryl Hasegawa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a freelancer and independent contractor, I sometimes need to send invoices from different email addresses. I'd like the invoices to be able to reflect that.

• Andriy K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! the emails from QB online look very much all about QB and it should be all about MY company not yours.. your company is simply a vehicle that provides a service I pay for. As far as end customer is concerned they shouldn't really even see that it's QB and not my stuff...

• IntuitHatesItsCustomers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think all branding should be removed from emails generated by QBO. We don't print and get Intuit garbage all over our paper invoices, should be no different coming direct out of QBO. Honestly, it looks bad to our company in some circumstances when dealing with large corporations, the we use "quickbooks". I pay for the premium top tier plan, removal of ALL Intuit branding should be an option!

• Info commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous.
        There are hundreds of duplicates of this feature request and the devs are simply ignoring us.
        This is something that should have been in the software before it was even launched.
        It looks unprofessional, makes documents harder to track and is an unnecessary, unwanted advertisement for intuit.

• Chet King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find this aggravating as well. It does appear that by assigning classes to an invoice or estimate you can modify some of these things.

In addition, it should go in our sent items and send through services like Google Apps or GMail. This was a feature present in Desktop that we relied on heavily. Now we're spending our own time figuring out how to jump through hoops to do something as automated as possible without causing us a ton more of extra work.

• Riyaz Raj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of our customers ignore our invoices as the sender is quickbooks. It would e great if there was an option to change the 'send from' email address.

• Mike Query commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you send an invoice the email has to come thru an intuit domain. It would be great to use SMPT to send email from a company-branded email. Intuit domains sometimes are filtered to spam.

• Kallie E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I posted the same thing...It's frustrating that I cannot send out invoices from QB Online with the sender address being my business email account. IE info@ or invoices@ or myname@...rather it comes from a quickbooks email address. I spoke to someone on the phone and they said to send invoices to your email and then fwd them on to the customer. That is too much work for the number of invoices we send and the purpose of QB is to automate the process as much as possible. It's not my customers business what accounting system I use and it does not look as professional without being able to do that.

• Mohammad Nazir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add email log in in option in QBO, When business send documents to customers we need to show our customer that its has been sent from our business email and able to reply back, not from quickbooks email. I think this is a must option for all quickbooks version..

← Previous 1 3

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Form Delivery

Feedback and Knowledge Base