I suggest you ...

Notify of Bounced Back Emails

Notify us when we send a system email and it bounces back.

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eugene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

M's comments are accurate. QBO has conflicting articles that appear to be talking about sections like "Tasks" that haven't existing for years:
        https://community.intuit.com/articles/1164849-bounced-emails-for-invoices-recurring-templates-statements-reports-invites-for-new-users

Wrote most of this comment while waiting on hold with QB support who is reading this same article and thinks I'm missing something.

What's more frustrating is QB support askined me if I see the "tasks" section on the dashboard and we had to do a screenshare just so QB support can validate the dashboard doesn't show up the way the article is describing.

Update - My QBO rep is now chatting with engineering support after doing a screenshare with me.

Whole call took 60+ minutes with two quickbooks employees (one chatting with the other) and am still received no clear response as to if this is possible - although I'm fairly sure the answer is this feature doesn't exist now.

If you don't have a feature, at least take down the documentation that you do.

We send hundreds of recurring invoices out every month and with zero feedback as to if our emails are at least reaching deliverable email addresses. Seems like it would have a decent priority level on Quickbooks roadmap.

• Anthony Browne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sent an invoice to client repeatedly for months, and after hearing no reply thought they were giving me the slip. Then I called their boss only to find I had an incorrect email address all along. This was an embarrassment for my company and the wait was costly.

QUICKBOOKS NEEDS TO NOTIFY OF BOUNCEBACKS!!

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apparently , some at QB think this is possible and it is in the help and community system articles But does not seem to work. QB support is no help - they told me to add my self as cc: and I would receive the bounceback. This can't work, because bouncebacks are sent to the envelope sender, which in this case is QBO servers. So they need to process on their end and notify. According to the below, they do:

https://community.intuit.com/questions/1654772-how-would-i-know-if-i-got-an-e-mail-address-incorrect-when-invoicing-a-customer

https://community.intuit.com/articles/1164849-bounced-emails-for-invoices-recurring-templates-statements-reports-invites-for-new-users

Note that this article states it is available under home-> tasks. Which apparently no longer exists and is replaced by activity feed. Which doesn't exist either, but there is "activity log" which is the audit log. But nothing about bounces there either.

https://community.intuit.com/questions/797402-where-is-messages-and-tasks

So which is it QBO - is this feature present but broken? Or are the docs made up? Your support team wouldn't even look at the docs above.....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to receive a bounce-back notification email if an email sent from QB Online is undeliverable. Can’t believe this feature is not part of QuickBooks Online.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a sole trader myself, this causes Cashflow issues, and as you know Cashflow is what keeps small business alive.
        My accountant put me onto this program and apart from this issue it is working well for me.
        If you can tell us that an invoice was viewed then surely we should be able to be notification that it had bounced??
        But, there needs to be something done to sort it.

• AdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While QuickBooks currently does not have a way to notify you when an email bounces that has been sent, you can copy the link to view that invoice online and then send it out from your own business email account or send it in an SMS or social media message to be sure your customer has received it. You can do this by following the steps below.

Share Invoice Link with your customers:

Want to share your e-Invoice with your customers outside of QuickBooks? No problem! You can ask QuickBooks to generate a Share Invoice Link for you to copy and send to your customer however you like: Business email, SMS/text message or even your favorite social media platform.

When you copy the Invoice Link, it is saved to the clipboard on your device. Just paste the link into your message and send it on its way!

You can generate the Share Invoice Link from a few different places.

While viewing an Invoice:

1. Click the down arrow next to Save and close or Save and send.
        2. Click Save and share link.
        3. Click Copy link and close, and you've copied the link to your clipboard.

While viewing the Sales Transactions list:

1. Click the down arrow for more actions next to an invoice you want to share.
        2. Select Share Invoice link from the menu.
        3. Click Copy link and close.

While printing an invoice ( Print and Preview):

1. While viewing an invoice, click Print or Preview.
        2. At the bottom of the print preview pop-up, click Get link to this invoice.
        3. Click Copy link.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is causing us ongoing problems when an email bounces back that is sent directly.

• Bryan Lindley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a unreasonable request and yet years go by and no resolution? This is a big problem for us and needs to be addressed or I will find a solution that works and get rid of Quickbooks.

• Barbara Burns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so critical as sometimes our receivables start aging and we don't know that the invoices were never received. This is a giant problem for us

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not believe this is still an issue. This is a huge problem that needs to be addressed!

The ability to be advised of email addresses that are incorrect and emails that do not send and bounce back - we have tried to test this to see if you send an email to an incorrect address what happens - there doesn't appear to be anything to advise you of this at all

When I send an invoice in Quickbooks online, I want to know if it was delivered successfully or if it bounced.

Amen! They keep saying it is the responsibility of the email server. Since they are spoofing our address, there is bound to be some unintended behavior. I get no information on this and the managers are not happy. We have lost a ton of money on missed contracts as well. Also, I am the email admin, there is no way to make this work from the email server side. I don't know what they expect us to do here.

• billing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When an email bounces after being sent from Quickbooks, I need an alert immediately. I don't want to have to drill into each account to hunt and find out if it was successfully sent. This seems to be a no-brainer.

Provide a message when an emailed document (e.g. invoice, statement etc.) is bounced at its final destination.

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base