I suggest you ...

Running balance in check register

Make the running balance in the check register be a fixed, permanent feature like a normal checkbook.

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jmjjholthaus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ginny Lowery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This "feature" appears based on some action of mine, presumably, but I cannot figure out what that might be. Doesn't seem like it should be this hard to see your bank balance...

• Missy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be fixed and if the customer has to disconnect their download and reconnect again the bank balance should recalculate.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The running balance being shown with "only displayed with date/reconciled status sort" is a major nuisance. Please correct.

All of a sudden I have to running balance....
        Make QBO like the desktop and everyone (mostly) will be happier.
        What is this "only displayed with date/reconcile status sort" ???

Why on earth would you not have running balance on all registers. I don't know what the developers are thinking but accountants need running balances.

• VPController commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with most of what's been said. In Bank Register, there must be RUNNING BALANCE on any way you want to sort it. It's very weak to limit this on DATE sort only. In addition, there should also be page TOTAL option at the bottom. Many users come to the Bank Register for all kinds of tasks. With these two options (available running balance on all sort options and page total), it will help many QBOers to do their job.

• Scherazade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Running balance in Customer / Vendor pages too!! Really, QB?? Really?? Why isn't this there?

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want my bank register to show the running balance just like my desktop instead of "n/a" crap. Fix it!

• jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The design of new QB online check register is really bad. Appalling!

• Aly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, at this time you do not have a workaround. Not happy to pay $500 every year for this kind of product.

• Beooke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No doubt, whoever in charge of this QBO Register team have no knowledge of accounting. Worse, any clue of accounting needs in check register!

• Carol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a total of checks written. Why is this register mess showing n/a balance for me?

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot customize the columns in your Bank Register anymore and use it for my job.

• Corri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a grand total of all checks written. It just give the distribution of each check amount. Not helpful.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the recent update to QuickBooks, my bank register is so messed up I can't use this anymore. Exploring various alternatives.

• Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new register is no good for me. I'm tired of seeing "n/a" instead of running balance in the register when sorting various deposits and checks. Bring back old check register.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Registers

Feedback and Knowledge Base