Skip to content

QuickBooks Mobile Feedback Forum

Welcome to the QuickBooks Mobile feature requests forum. Please look through the existing requests and vote on great ideas or create your own suggestion that others can vote on. Make sure to give us plenty of detail so we can better understand the request. It is not guaranteed that any suggestions will make it into the product, but it will help us identify the features you want most.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

32 results found

1. Custom Fields for Vendors or type field

In the desktop version, I was able to add custom fields to many of the list items. For vendors specifically, I created an Entity Type field, so that I could assign Corp, S-Corp, LLC - Indiv, LLC-S-Copr, Indiv. Partnership, etct. This would ensure that the 1099 selection for the vendor was set correctly, and that it was verified when the vendor was entered.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. bulk update customer list details

Seems archaic that one can't import an excel sheet to update customer details. One can only import new customers but not update existing customers.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve Customer Information and Organization

Enhance the organization of customer information (add more first name, last name, email fields)

I love Quickbooks, but one of the negatives are we have multiple contacts for our customers and are unable to organize our contact list. To better organize our contacts (and to potentially use the email functionality) I would like to see more name fields so we can put the first and last name of the other email addresses. Currently we are able to put 1 first and last name and 2 or 3 email address but no way organize the names with the emails addresses.

I…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add tab for collection notes under Customers

I need functionality for collection notes like there is in desktop. A different tab and ability to enter notes with an automatic date stamp. The notes options in QB Online are completely insufficient and clutter up the main customer view!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add ability to Delete/Make Inactive Customers on the Mobile App

ability to delete or make inactive customer via iPhone or IPad in the mobile app.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Upload updates to multiple existing customers

Upload updates to customer list for multiple existing customers

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Shipping Address Book

This fits under several categories, and applies to both mobile and browser-based QBO interfaces. The idea is for QBO in all its forms (browser, mobile, whatever) to provide an "existing or new" interface for shipping addresses wherever they are used (sales orders, invoices, estimates, etc) that can pull from either a customer-specific list of shipping addresses and/or a global set of known shipping addresses.

My company is an entertainment production services company. The "shipping address" represents the venue where services are provided. There is a many-to-many relationship between customers and venues. Many different customers may perform at the same venue,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bulk update customer details

Cannot upload a csv or excel to bulk update existing customers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Non Tax Customers vs tax exempt customers

In the customer profile - you should be able to choose tax exempt or non taxable

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would be helpful if you export templates matched your import templates i.e customer notes

Would be helpful if you export templates matched your import templates i.e customer notes. Transferring a client form an existing subscription to a new one should be seemless, but unfortunately as your import and export templates do not match it is troublesome having to manually enter some info onto the new system.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For QuickBooks Online on web (not Mobile): Extra Email Fields for Vendors and Customers

Please have the option of multiple email address fields in the Vendor info screen, so we can input different departments for Vendors, based on routing need. i.e. an email address they provide for accounts receivable to send remittance notices to, is different than an email we need to send purchase orders to. Currently there is only 1 field we can input an email address into, and we can't logistically change it back and forth based on what we need QBO to send out; transaction volume it too high to sanely do that. Same idea goes for the Customer side. Thank…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Keep Location Names Visible in Vendor Hub

In the vendor area, when the account category is posted to only one account the Location name is visible as ' Oak Lawn' or 'Elmhurst' in the vendor. However, whenever I have more than one account category entered for that particular vendor, the location name turns into 'Split' in the vendor hub even though I never split the account to multiple location. Could you please keep the Location visible despite the number of account category used in the detail so it can be more useful to us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Company name" should be field to populate "Name to print on checks" and not "Company display name".

"Company name" should be field to populate "Name to print on checks" and not "Company display name". The display name is for internal purposes and should not transpire to external areas. For both vendors and customers, the display name is a place where a user would but a nickname however a nickname should never appear on a check unless said company legally can accept checks by that name. Please correct your automated system for vendors and customers so that "Name to print on checks" is the Company name by default and that the company name would be the name to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 5 Advantages of Choosing Comprehensive Car Insurance Over Basic Coverage

In today's fast-paced world, owning a vehicle is not just a convenience but a necessity. With the increasing number of vehicles on the road, the probability of accidents and unforeseen events is also on the rise. To protect your prized possession, opting for motor insurance is essential. While basic coverage may seem like a tempting option due to its lower cost, comprehensive car insurance near you offers a range of benefits that can prove invaluable in the long run. Let's delve into the reasons why comprehensive motor insurance is the smarter choice.

Protecting Your Money Despite Collisions

Basic insurance typically…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. What to Do After a Car Accident: A Step-by-Step Guide from an Insurance Perspective

Car accidents are stressful and unexpected events that can leave you disoriented. Knowing what to do in the immediate aftermath is crucial not only for your safety but also for navigating the insurance process effectively. In this step-by-step guide from an insurance perspective, we'll walk you through the key actions to take after a car accident.

Ensure Safety First: Attend to Injuries and Move to a Safe Location

The safety of everyone involved is the top priority. Start by checking yourself and others for injuries. If anyone is injured, call emergency services immediately. Even seemingly minor injuries should be addressed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase the character limitation in customer profile emails!

I can't add more than 100 characters within the customer profiles emails. This is a huge issue for me because I need to add more than 3-4 emails at times to different customers. Please help asap!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to be able to run a P&L and filter by "customer type"

I want to be able to run a P&L and filter by "customer type." I believe it's doable on a desktop, but we are on QBooks Online. We want to distinguish which clients belong to which department via customer types. We are a CPA office with thousands of clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove the limitation of creating a customer and vendor with the same name

Remove the limitation of creating a customer and vendor with the same name. This is a normal and common practice to deal with the same company as a customer and vendor.
    This limitation is damaging to QuickBooks as a software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Search Custom Fields Under Customer or Vendor List Columns

Under the Customer or Vendor List, if you enable a custom field as a column to display on the list you should be able to search that custom field column using the filter search right about the customer or vendor list. Without the ability to search that column it becomes useless to display custom fields as column on the customer list or vendor list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base