Quicktasks

1. stop field limits on paper checks; limits are shorter than the line on the check and cannot use the entire line

when writing a check on QB, the program is character lmited and will not allow us to use long names or long company names to fill in the entire line on the checks; even the checks we buy from QB will not allow us to use the whole line to fill in the name of the Payee;

expand your field limits on the check write program, so that we can use the whole line on the check !!

this has been an issue for many years and makes no sense to have a field limit, shorter than the line on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to "pin" Customer or Vendor when data entering

There are times when I have to data enter a long list of items or bank debits (cash register sales). I would like to "pin" the Customer/Vendor name so I don't have to enter it every transaction. I have this feature in Sage 50 and love it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Viewing journal entries behind the posting

It would be helpful if you can click on an invoice/bill/expense etc. and see the actual GL posting (DR and CR) to see how the mechanism posts to the books.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Settings: view credit/debit columns always

I cannot find a way to permanently display credit and debit columns in reports. The amounts are always netted in the "Amount" column and I have to customize the reports each time I look at them to add in the debit and credit columns. Perhaps this should be a company setting that you wish to view reports with the DR/CR netted or in individual columns.

It is most frustrating for filing GST returns because I cannot file the netted amount. So I have to customize the reports to show DR/CR columns to extrapolate the collected and ITCs figures for the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Customer deposits/upfront deposits/retainers

I spoke with QBO and they said that there is no clean, automated way to record customer deposits. QBO should be able to:

(1) Receive the deposit - paid in advance and upfront for future job - no invoice issued at this time. QBO should be able to post the deposit to the job/customer and then find the match on the bank transactions.

(2) Apply the deposit - once the final invoice has been issued, there should be a way for QBO to identify that there is a deposit on account and apply the deposit to the invoice to reduce…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Maker and Checker facility

I suggest to have a two step accounting.

One person enters the Invoice/ Bill/ any transaction in the Quick books and that should lie in an unauthorized stage.

The other user will verify the transaction and approve it. Only after approval, the entry should be recorded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow more "Customer" info fields for importing custom forms

When uploading a custom form (either invoice or estimate), we don't have option to choose some Customer Info for the fields. For instance, Customer phone and email are not options for custom fields. However, the option to number my rows is. This is very important info as I am required to input a phone number when creating shipping labels and add an email for shipping notifications. This information does not print out on any of the forms so we have to manually go and look it up every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix Tsheets interface so it will actually create a single invoice for each Tsheet entry without having to enter customer names.

WHen using Tsheets it has the option to create invoices however it doesnt create the invoice for the time sheet customer. It will bring up a blank invoice but does not populate the customer name or any of the other tSHEET INFORMATION. iF YOU TYPE IN A CUSTOMER THAT HAS A TIME ENTRY IN THE CREATED INVOICE IT WILL LIST ALL THE BILLABLE ITEMS FOR THE CUSTOMER TO CHOOSE FROM. THE PROBLEM IS IF YOU HAVE 10 EMPLOYEES AND 50 CUSTOMERS FOR EACH EMPLOYEE THEN IT IS NOT EASY TO CREATE INVOICES IF YOU HAVE TO ENTER EACH CUSTOMERS NAME…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a column which shows transaction category in "VAT Detail Report"

I would like to see column which shows me the category of each transaction listed in the "VAT Detail Report"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enter negative amounts in deposit split rules

You can enter negative amount in a deposit split, manually, one by one. Allow for a negative amount when making a banking rule so this can be done automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Permit no. field showing up on Expense and Bill Forms:

PLEASE EXPAIN THE REASON FOR THIS FIELD AND HOW IT RELATES TO THE SALES TAX CENTER!!

Help indicated we should not remove the field as it will effect Sales Tax Center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to enter markup on estimates.

Need the ability to enter a markup for each line item on an estimate. This function is available in Desktop and is much need in QBO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Send remittance advice directly from QuickBooks

Add feature that would allow remittance advices to be sent directly from the QuickBooks interface. Also, consider ability to customise advice form.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to add customers phone number to an invoice

So currently I keep being told by QB to add customer phone numbers to the bottom of the address to get it to come out on the invoice - ridiculous suggestion which I am catagorically not doing for thousands of customer... I pay a subscription so I am certainly not doing extra work because they cant be bothered to add what is a simple, easy to implement feature. Never before have I received an invoice which doesnt have my phone number on it. Its costing me hours a month having to log in, search customer account, find phone number.

This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I need to be able to edit and change the PO template. I do not need nor want an authorization signature on the form.

I need to be able to edit and change the PO template. I do not need nor want an authorization signature on the form.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically print memo on bill pay checks or give option to print or not to print.

Automatically print memo on bill pay checks or give option to print or not to print.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search by customer address

It would be very helpful to be able to search customers and vendors by address, phone number, or any other customer field for that matter. It doesn't make sense that this function is not available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a NAME column on selected Projects

Please add NAME as a column option under individually selected Projects. You can currently select extremely random things like Status to display, but can't tell what company/vendor/sub the transaction is for. I've attached a picture of how one of our Projects and its transactions display. It would be extremely helpful to look at this list and immediately see who the Purchase Orders are made out to, or which vendor the Bills and Vendor Credits are from, without manually opening every single one of them to find out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add functionality to submit CIS suffered to HMRC through an EPS

EPS can already be submitted to HMRC for other reasons using QB online. QB can run a report of CIS suffered but I have to use 3rd party software to submit a CIS suffered EPS to HMRC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spell Check

Please enable a spell check feature when adding a note to an invoice is being emailed via QBO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Quicktasks

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base