Quicktasks

1. create a way of accounting for UK Corporation Tax and filing a return to Companies House

It seems sensible to have a feature to account for UK Corporation Tax enabling the correct calculation based on current accounting practices and to create a report that shows what needs to be entered in the annual Companies House submission

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Signature on checks

Why can't I add my signature to checks when printed? I need this back after getting used to it in the desktop QB

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a column which shows transaction category in "VAT Detail Report"

I would like to see column which shows me the category of each transaction listed in the "VAT Detail Report"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need the ability to import journal entries without having to pay for an add on. Quickbooks desktop allows to for free

Need the ability to import journal entries without having to pay for an add on. Quickbooks desktop allows to for free

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. stop field limits on paper checks; limits are shorter than the line on the check and cannot use the entire line

when writing a check on QB, the program is character lmited and will not allow us to use long names or long company names to fill in the entire line on the checks; even the checks we buy from QB will not allow us to use the whole line to fill in the name of the Payee;

expand your field limits on the check write program, so that we can use the whole line on the check !!

this has been an issue for many years and makes no sense to have a field limit, shorter than the line on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search by customer address

It would be very helpful to be able to search customers and vendors by address, phone number, or any other customer field for that matter. It doesn't make sense that this function is not available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow invoices to add sales representatives...

By allowing a feature for sales reps it will allow me to quickly calculate commissions

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to "pin" Customer or Vendor when data entering

There are times when I have to data enter a long list of items or bank debits (cash register sales). I would like to "pin" the Customer/Vendor name so I don't have to enter it every transaction. I have this feature in Sage 50 and love it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Viewing journal entries behind the posting

It would be helpful if you can click on an invoice/bill/expense etc. and see the actual GL posting (DR and CR) to see how the mechanism posts to the books.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Settings: view credit/debit columns always

I cannot find a way to permanently display credit and debit columns in reports. The amounts are always netted in the "Amount" column and I have to customize the reports each time I look at them to add in the debit and credit columns. Perhaps this should be a company setting that you wish to view reports with the DR/CR netted or in individual columns.

It is most frustrating for filing GST returns because I cannot file the netted amount. So I have to customize the reports to show DR/CR columns to extrapolate the collected and ITCs figures for the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customer deposits/upfront deposits/retainers

I spoke with QBO and they said that there is no clean, automated way to record customer deposits. QBO should be able to:

(1) Receive the deposit - paid in advance and upfront for future job - no invoice issued at this time. QBO should be able to post the deposit to the job/customer and then find the match on the bank transactions.

(2) Apply the deposit - once the final invoice has been issued, there should be a way for QBO to identify that there is a deposit on account and apply the deposit to the invoice to reduce…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Maker and Checker facility

I suggest to have a two step accounting.

One person enters the Invoice/ Bill/ any transaction in the Quick books and that should lie in an unauthorized stage.

The other user will verify the transaction and approve it. Only after approval, the entry should be recorded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow more "Customer" info fields for importing custom forms

When uploading a custom form (either invoice or estimate), we don't have option to choose some Customer Info for the fields. For instance, Customer phone and email are not options for custom fields. However, the option to number my rows is. This is very important info as I am required to input a phone number when creating shipping labels and add an email for shipping notifications. This information does not print out on any of the forms so we have to manually go and look it up every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix Tsheets interface so it will actually create a single invoice for each Tsheet entry without having to enter customer names.

WHen using Tsheets it has the option to create invoices however it doesnt create the invoice for the time sheet customer. It will bring up a blank invoice but does not populate the customer name or any of the other tSHEET INFORMATION. iF YOU TYPE IN A CUSTOMER THAT HAS A TIME ENTRY IN THE CREATED INVOICE IT WILL LIST ALL THE BILLABLE ITEMS FOR THE CUSTOMER TO CHOOSE FROM. THE PROBLEM IS IF YOU HAVE 10 EMPLOYEES AND 50 CUSTOMERS FOR EACH EMPLOYEE THEN IT IS NOT EASY TO CREATE INVOICES IF YOU HAVE TO ENTER EACH CUSTOMERS NAME…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add columns for cost and markup margins on estimates!!!

Businesses need to see their projected cost and markup margins on estimates like you guys so conveniently include in the desktop version. Right now people are having to add up their costs manually or using third party software to do this feature when all the info is already input on the online version when you create an item or service...this is so frustrating. I just converted from the desktop version a while ago and was told you guys would add this feature and I see people complaining about it and cancelling their service because of it and you guys still…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the option to add custom fields to customers like there was in QB desktop

In QB desktop you could add custom fields for customers, please add this in QBO!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. remove permit number

I have no clue as to why there is a new part to the the expenses called permit number...Please allow us turn this feature off. i do not need to list a permit # (sales tax#) on any of my expenses i am exempt. this is rather frustrating too have you just add what ever you want to my expenses with no option to turn it off.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add columns for cost and markup margins on estimates!!!

Businesses need to see their projected cost and markup margins on estimates like you guys so conveniently include in the desktop version. Right now people are having to add up their costs manually or using third party software to do this feature when all the info is already input on the online version when you create an item or service...this is so frustrating. I just converted from the desktop version a while ago and was told you guys would add this feature and I see people complaining about it and cancelling their service because of it and you guys still…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. permit number

Method to set permit number once or at least offer it in a drop down. Typing in every time is a pain cause I can’t remember it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I have customers who get service every 2 weeks, but want to pay 1 time a month. I set up the recurring invoice but is confusing my customers

I have customers who get service every 2 weeks, but want to pay 1 time a month. I set up the recurring invoice but is confusing my customers of what to pay. I feel if I could automatically send a statement with the 2 or 3 charges, depending on the weeks in a month, it would solve this confusion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Quicktasks

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base