I suggest you ...

Job Costing and Job Project Tracking

Have Job Cost or Project Cost or tracking function within Quickbooks Online.

5,459 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    info shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Welcome to QuickBooks Projects! Projects help you organize all the pieces that make up a project, including transactions, time, and running reports so you always know how your project’s doing. This feature is currently only for QuickBooks Online Plus in Canada, UK, United States and Australia.

Please see this article for more information about projects:
    https://community.intuit.com/articles/1549960

This is just the beginning for Projects, and we’d love your feedback. You’ll see a feedback button in your project. Tell us how it’s going and what we can do to make Projects better.

757 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • neil.rechlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple jobs within a customer please - the current work around by adding new customers as jobs and linking them to a parent customer is clumsy and dumb!

• albert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On March 1, 2014 at 01:16AM albert <albert@aeav.co.uk> wrote:

I.m sure it's in QuickBooks somewhere, but looking for a report or snapshot that tell me:

Date / Client / Inv No / Brief Description / net total / net costs / GP £ / GP %

This will help low how much money we are making on each job and being date specific will also let me bundle and total that up in quarters / months etc...
        Snapshot attached.
        /Users/AEAVAlbert/Desktop/Screen Shot 2014-03-01 at 09.11.53.png
        Thanks
        Best Regards

Albert Seaward | A&E Audio Visual Ltd
        Mbl: 07876 038792 | Office: 01634 666022 | www.aeav.co.uk
        Unit 187 Hercules Road, London, SE1 7LD

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Job costing must clarify net costs for labor and materials: expected vs actual; then selling price estimated vs actual budgeted.

• contracting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add JOB LOCATION column to many of the reports. We do many jobs for the same client and while reviewing various reports are unable to quickly ascertain which job it is. Thanks

Please add Job End Date to customer list. This is critical to how I manage my customers. I use this to track the end of my customers subscription period.

I don't need robust job support or quoting, as I only use the end date field to track the end of the subscription. If you had another way to track that, it would be even better.

In the windows version, Each and every customer has exactly one job which I only use to track the subscription.

I only have one product/service which is subscription based.

Job Costing is a must and becoming a deal breaker for QBO. In the words of my CPA. Intuit is going to have to start developing QBO to handle these basic features or people will continue to go away from it. Employee payment should be able to be allocated to a job!

we would like to create payroll from time sheets

job costing reports linked to payroll. time and material jobs would be able to be reported by the job. P&L statements, etc...

• contracting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did a sales detail report for 2013. NAME is included but also need to include JOB LOCATION, as I am doing an Excel job costing spreadsheet, and have to keep going to customer records to find out which job name which takes a lot of wasted time. This sales report (from REPORTS, P & L STATEMENT, double click SALES), is hard to read in that the job above and the job below all kind of blend together. At least need a blank space or dotted line between. In attached screen shot need also to add JOB LOCATION/NAME. Could shorten Estimate/Invoice column to E/I to make room. Would be nice in customer records to have a function to FIND, i.e. SEARCH for a particular invoice number or estimate number. It takes a lot of time to find when we do so many jobs for one customer and that customer has so many records. Thank you!!

• tamiralima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QB APP -
        Allow employee login with very limited access to post jobs (like installations) that they are doing or post timesheet.

JOB COSTING is one of the most important financial reports we need! Right now we have to manipulate the system to get a what we want but this manipulation creates workflow issues and accuracy issues. We now create a class for every job so that we can assign all costs and revenue to that job and report on it P/L. We also use this report to pay sales commissions to our employees which are based on job profitability. I know that QBO has a field to create job numbers but it is worthless to me.

To be honest, it simply BLOWS ME AWAY that Intuit is not developing QBO. I thought that they were a cutting-edge innovation company. Here they have the obvious future for cloud accounting software and they simply DO NOTHING to make it even remotely better.

• DJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using Sub-Customers would be a better way of tracking Jobs - In the construction world, class would be better used to track different kinds of projects - in our concrete company we use - Foundations, Flatwork, Masonry and Decorative

• Jess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a virtual company that builds websites. All of our employees work from their homes. Like construction business, we need the ability to track job costing on our projects. After years of using QBO, we recently switched to QB Enterprise hosted through a third party and access it through remote desktop. Although we have gained job costing capabilities, we feel like we have taken a huge step back with the remote desktop. We would switch back to QBO in a heartbeat if it could do job costing like Enterprise.

we are a construction company and could really use job costing also. Also the ability to bill employee hours to the jobs and have the hours and amounts show up on the budgets for the jobs.

• DJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is already some capability to do job costing - the "Job Costing Report" is called "Income by Customer Summary."

BUT WE NEED BETTER PAYROLL JOB COSTING - we gave up on it in QBO...
        payroll job costing, better estimating ability and improved invoicing are the three top improvements that need to be made to attract the construction industry. We are waiting, we are watching, we love our mobile apps, but QBO is not there yet to give up QB Desktop Contractor...

Customer Jobs in the desktop version are really Sub-Customers - we just need better handling of the Sub-Customers in QBO - like being able to type the sub-customer name and have it pop up - in classic QBO, you can only type in the parent customer and then have to select the sub-customer...

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Customer Center

Feedback and Knowledge Base