I suggest you ...

Limit Access by IP Address and Day/Time

Allow Companies to restrict access by IP address... I want to have an outside bookkeeper come in to do work, but I don't want them logging in from home to do these things. Nor do I want them just logging on and poking around at all hours. A login time restriction would also be helpful.

460 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nick @ Devil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GDRP? UK HMRC recommends QBO as a digital tax compliant system. If data is stolen is it our fault that QBO has inadequate security restrictions?

• Nick @ Devil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My employee logged into QBO from their phone just to see what it was like. I told her this wasn't acceptable and only to log in from her work PC.

Why can't I limit the devices that can be used to log in? Send the admin an email saying someone from device/ip wants to log in. Accept/deny.

• Scott Kennedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And when your employee shares their Credentials with their 'friend' who works at a competitor you would have no idea that every quote you give out is being reviewed by your competitor BEFORE they submit their quote. You could review the audit logs but how many of us are actually looking at that list when trying to get everything we need to get done..even my simple time-clock-online lets me restrict access by ip address for those who punch our virtual time clock. Come on Intuit, step into the 21st century on security....Scott K

• Dan Gonzales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I only want my employees accessing QBO from the office. The security in this system is REALLY lacking.

• Desktop Support commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability for an administrator to define IP ranges which can access particular QB Online company files is also important to my company

• Mark Ainsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't just a good idea, but essential for our business at the moment. We have just employed a new part-time bookkeeper and until we have some "history" with them I don't want them having unsupervised access to our accounts.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Global

Feedback and Knowledge Base