I suggest you ...

Customer "viewed estimate" feature

The feature that allows you to see when a customer has viewed an invoice is great. It would be nice to also have this capability when a customer views an estimate. I have run into several customers who say that they have never received an estimate weeks after a quote was delivered only to find out that it went to their spam folder due to the fact that the email was sent through a large third party email client. This feature would better allow business owners to monitor progress and follow-up with customers as necessary following estimate delivery. Thanks for your consideration.

191 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make the estimates viewable... it would help my company drastically with following up

• Shell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand if we can see if a customer viewed an invoice why can't we see if a customer viewed an estimate. How hard can it be to add the same feature. It would be very helpful to us paying for the subscription!

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Intuit QBO actually add something that makes our life easier?
        Pffft.....
        Instead they take our monthly payments and give us a half baked product in return.
        Never should of switched from the desktop version.

• hospodi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so does qb respond to feature requests?

seem like they are unresponsive to this basic lack of function.

I require this as well with our company. Like other users, I do not want to harass my customers to confirm that they received our estimates. Please provide an update as to whether or not you will be adding this feature.

Did anyone find out if qb is going to make this happen> really need to see when a client has viewed the estimate. We will lose jobs if we cannot see they have seen the estimate. We don't want to harrass our clients by calling and asking!

• Julia Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make available showing that the estimates was viewed by receiver like you have for the Invoice, it shows when and if the invoice was viewed. So that we can confirm the the receiver received and viewed the estimate. It will improve the services greatly. Also would like to request if this is being considered for updating the quickbooks services? Want to remain Anonymous when posting this post, however did not give me that option.

• josh.dowers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do you know if a customer has viewed an estimate?
        I would like to see notification that a customer has "viewed" my estimate after I send it. Why can we get this feature for invoices but not estimates?

• Jamie Decker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I be certain that a customer has viewed an Estimate like it does on the invoice side

• pungo2345 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To see the message sent to a customer with an estimate or invoice and being able to know if the lead opened the estimate, similar to viewing an invoice.

• Nick Steinkraus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to see if a customer has opened or viewed our estimates and invoices so we can be certain they have received them.

• Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a feature that allows you to see that a client has viewed an invoice. Can that same feature be added to the estimate? Right now there is no way to know if it has been viewed. Thanks!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base