I suggest you ...

Multiple Sales Tax Rates on Invoices

Being able to utilize multiple sales tax rates for different customers on one invoice. Currently Quick Books only allow for one sales tax rate per invoice. This is causing problems in accurately capturing the Sales Tax amount in the Sales Tax Center.

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kevin Welsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? North Carolina (probably other states, too) charges different tax rates on food vs other products.

• Angela Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to choose the tax rate per item not on the whole invoice. I have different tax rates for different items. Sending multiple invoices to a customer for the different items is just ridiculous.

• Angela Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, this is very important. Sales tax needs to be calculated correctly, I can't believe this suggestion was in 2014 and it is almost 2017 and we still don't have the ability to select different rates for different items on 1 invoice. Unbelievable. So disappointed.

• Heather Dougherty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to invoice using multiple tax options would be incredibly beneficial to our company. For instance, billing our taxable items at 5.5% and our service related items at 6%, per our state regulations. Having to create two invoices to complete this is a waste of time and energy for both our company and our customers!

• leahmutual commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to invoice multiple taxes on a sales invoice.

Eg. In Hawaii there are different counties and therefore different tax rates.

In Phoenix, there are different city and county taxes

• Obi Nwude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised sales tax can't be calculated by invoice item and then automatically calculated on the total however when I tried to do it in the tool it's non existent causing me to have to calculate it separately since I'm not confusing my customers by sending them two invoices.

• Harley Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In many states there are different sales tax rates depending on the sales item category. For example rate X for food items and rate Y for all other sales items.

There needs to be a way in quickbooks online to create a single invoice or sales receipt with items from these different tax categories and have the appropriate tax rates applied only to those items.

Currently you can select different tax rates for an entire order but it applies the selected tax rate to all items in that order. It should allow items to have their appropriate tax rate selected when the item is created initially so that when it is added to the invoice the appropriate tax rate is automatically applied.

Feedback and Knowledge Base