I suggest you ...

Support for single sign-on

Please allow for user management to support single sign-on (SSO) access to QBO where QBO users can be authenticated against a third party identity provider such as Google, etc. through standard Open ID or SAML based authentication methods.

Presently, QBO acts only as an identity provider, not consumer. If I want to use SSO with QBO, I have to manage all of my domain users within QBO.

As you know, username/password based authentication is terribly insecure, and allows for easy sharing of account credentials. This is something I want to limit, especially considering the sensitive nature of the data within QBO. I currnetly use Google Applications to manage my corporate domain, and I would prefer to be able to grant users the ability to login to QBO through their existing domain account.

Many business applications support this feature to include Bill.com, Replicon, Bamboo HR, Atlassian, etc. This feature would improve the security and productivity of my firm if you incorporated it into your product.

It would be great to see a "Log-in with Google" button on your homepage!

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael Shattuck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Global