I suggest you ...

Search

Search is a big thing...in the world where Google is making search so simple... searching on QB is a big hassle. I want to see anything and everything that relates to the keyword I type..... for example,...if i type Dallas...bring up all customers in Dallas, any customer whose name has Dallas, any vendors in Dallas, any job description that has Dallas in it.... anything and everything....

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    todd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I type in an address, I want to be able to do a search for it! Just like in Google, as todd shared. There have been many times where I cannot find a customer because the street they live on is spelled differently than what was entered on the invoice and their original file. It's time consuming, and incredibly frustrating, to struggle with search so much. I've spoken on the phone to a few different people with QBO and they all seem to give me the runaround.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or if I enter an amount like 999.98, it should show every occurance of that amount.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! The defaults for Search from the Home don't work for me. I would very rarely search on a transaction number (maybe very very rarely on a check number). Never search on date (too hard to type in).

I search frequently on numbers - I want EVERYTHING related to that number sorted most recent to oldest - checks, invoice totals (not items), credit cards, etc. In my 20 years of using QB desktop, that is my most useful search.

I search very frequently on name, as the original poster says.

The questions I frequently want to answer, "Has this (receipt, check, invoice) been entered for (name) ABC?"

Or, am I up to date for invoicing for (name, customer) XYZ? Give me a list of all invoices to XYZ and I can see if I missed one.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Global

Feedback and Knowledge Base