I suggest you ...

Add Gratuity/Tip Field When Paying Online

I would like to see a Gratuity/Tip field added to the online invoice system. My clients have no way of adding a Gratuity/Tip when paying their invoice online.

230 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Suzanne McGoldrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Gratuity/Tip field added to the online invoice system. My clients have no way of adding a Gratuity/Tip when paying their invoice online.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My customers love to pay online but I'm loosing out with the ability not to have an additional gratuity option. It's essential for my biz.

We need a Gratuity line for the customer when they pay the invoice online. There must be a way for the customer to add an optional gratuity.

• Steve Gostin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's an important feature to have a gratuity field for catering and special events we provide.

• Sidney SAn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow our customers to tip us. We don't want to add a "Line item" to the invoice and mandate the tip on our customers. We wish to have our customers tip whatever they want to based on our services. It will be great if when paying the invoice online with QBO, they will have the option of "Gratuity" and include it there by themselves. Please allow this option as our customer's want to tip us.

Hello,

It would be very helpful if we were able to customize the tip option on gopayments app. It would be great if we could set our own preset tip amounts instead of the standard 15/18/20 percent. thanks

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been waiting for 2 years for this to be added..... Looks like I'll have to switch away from quickbooks to allow my customers to tip me..... its very sad that this suggestion was put up 4 years ago and still no change.

I have to use square for this reason. It’s so frustrating, I wish I could be streamlined with my QuickBooks.

Moreover, your Go Payment app allows tips!! C'mon Intuit, get into the 21st century.

We run a catering business and customers routinely tip. The amount is discretionary, and they would like to add an amount when paying online. Please allow this! It looks like folks have been asking for it for YEARS!

• Mai Lan Bradford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include the option to add tips when sending invoices. Currently I have to send a square invoice then make another entry into my Quickbooks. That's double the work!

Please add this feature. Our customers want to tip us! We want to be tipped! You want us to process our payments through you! Its a win win win. Thanks

• Michele Jennings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to offer my clients the option to add tip to when paying online. The only work around I've found that QuickBooks offers as a solution is to add gratuity to the invoice in *advance* and then send to the client. I'd like my clients to have the *option* to pay a gratuity when paying online. Why isn't this an option for QBO? Why hasn't QB answered this question? It was posted almost 3 years ago.

• Betsy Carey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just set up Quickbooks and in creating my first invoice realized adding a tip isnt an option. I will not use Quickbooks for invoicing and will continue to use Square until this feature is added. I'm really surprised it isn't. I'm very disappointed because the main reason I wanted to switch to Quickbooks was for the ability to accept bank transfers/checks but not at the cost of potentially 20% pure profit from gratuity.

I am planning on not giving my customers the pay online option anymore. My employees get cheated out of tips because the customer doesn't have an option to tip when paying online. At least when we use Square my customer can leave a tip.

• Molly Krause commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding a prompt for tipping when swiping a card using the cell phone app (Square offers this). Also adding the ability to have multiple swipers for team members to use (Square also offers this).

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base