I suggest you ...

Quantity Totals

Please allow quantities to be totaled. All that totals are total $$. Need total items on an invoice, purchase order, etc. I have to tell my customers and vendors how many of anything that is ordered. .... so manually we add quantities on invoices and purchase orders.

128 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kathy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its barely a line of code. Please add to show total quantity. It helps as a check to see if you haven't missed anything. At the moment you have a fantastic accounting system that deals with and calculates many complex problems and yet we have to manually count the items on the invoice. Particularly annoying when there a many items.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this badly, I'm manually adding up quantity totals and writing it on every invoice.

• Amy Ragland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE ADD QUANTITY TOTAL!! This is ridiculous and there's no reason QB hasn't made this possible!

• GEO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree that being able to total items on invoice, packing list, sales order is a basic function and is long over due feature on a mature software like QB. Both small and large size businesses will find this feature extremely useful.

I have been a QB user since 2012 and for some reason QB still doesn't believe this is a needed feature of its software...do they not understand how business is run in the real world??

Not only is it important for a business to be able to tell customers how many total pieces of something they purchased, it is also useful for the business itself to know for picking and double checking.

I suggest having each inventory item able to be classified as different "types" and have the invoice able to show how many total of the different "types" of inventory on the template. This will make things so much clearer for the business and customers. It will save everyone time and money when it comes to quantity checking.

Please QBO please add this function. I do not see how this can be hard to implement.

PLEASE PLEASE fix the total quantity problem. Will have to migrate to another accounting solution if this is not fixed.

PLease please please add total quantity. We have been waiting years and years for it.

• Patricia Newton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this so hard to fix? We need a total on the quantity column also. This really seems like an easy thing to add.

• Nancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a HUGE HELP for all kinds of reasons! It seems like it wouldn't be that complicated to make the software change? I'm using Quickbooks Desktop Pro Plus 2017

• Curt Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great - currently I have to manually create a row at the end of the invoice, tally up quantities by hand, and set a price of 0. Very prone to human error, and a bit hacky

I agree with all the others, this is a very important feature to add. Compared to how some of the reports run in QB I think this would be an easy add sum option.

please add this feature of totaling quantity sold. It doesn't make sense that quickbooks wouldnt total on the packing slip or invoice. Please add this feature

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base