I suggest you ...

supplier credit/remittance advice

ability to allocate specific supplier credit notes to invoices and show on remittance advice

155 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you for your patience and support, this one has been a long time coming and we will continue to enhance the look and feel of the remittance advice. You should now be able to see the credit notes applied on your remittance advice.

kind regards,

QuickBooks UK team

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tracy Tanner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still wrong and really frustrating, the remittance says credits included they should not be included they need to be deducted from the balance owed, why are you not listening to all the complaints quickbooks???

• Nick James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This hasn't been completed . . . .!!!!! It shows the amount before the total amount before the credit is applied and it shows the credit line, but that is all. It doesn't deduct the credit from the total amount, Why, oh why, can't such a simple feature work properly.
        Please please please add the amount that's actually sent!!
        I've just moved over from the desktop version and I'm very disappointed!!

• Charles Home commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I share your exasperation Steve, but I can only assume that this is a question of QB not understanding how the credit note system works in the UK and obviously Canada (and perhaps elsewhere). After all the way we have to enter a credit note in QBO is slightly strange, as if it is a payment to us. Anyway it is a step forward but the RA is still just as confusing. Just total invoices less the credit note values and the resulting total is the amount paid. Should be straightforward.

• Steve Leek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The report now shows the credit note but for some reason beyond me it still doesn't actually show the correct amount that is being sent to the supplier. It shows the amount before the credit and the credit line but that is all. Please please please add the amount actually sent.

I can not understand how something this simple and essential when dealing with suppliers can take so long and be done so badly.

• Bobby Côté commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i've also tried it and the credit doesn't show up either... i am also on the Canadian version...

• accounting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried testing this and the credit does not show up on the remittance advice. I'm guessing this has not been rolled out for the Canadian Version. When will this be fixed?

• AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there, thank you for your patience with this one. If you check your remittance advice, you should now see the supplier credit showing.

please contact our support team if you have any further questions,

Thank you, have a great weekend.

QuickBooks Online UK team

• Joanne Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so frustrating, are you able to create any form of report/remittance that shows the payment inclusive of all bill paid and all supplier credits used????

• Iain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why has this not been resolved, this is a basic expectation of an accounts package. I have suppliers not able to allocate payments because the credit has been taken off and they don't have the information. Very poor Quickbooks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree, I am not understanding why an accounts package such as quickbooks is not able to produce this on the remittance which then causes the user to have to manually create an additional remittance :(

• sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, unfortunately when paying upwards of 20 suppliers each month, sometimes I forget that there is a credit that needs to be applied, and overpay - not exactly cash-flow friendly. Also, if I do remember that a credit has been applied, I get a cll from the supplier wondering why we have short paid. This seems like such an obvious function to have, so why is it not there!>!>!

• Peter Jarman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just spent two days converting from Desktop to QBO and doing training with client to find out that this BASIC feature does not work and there is no get round apart from handwriting on the remittance !!

It makes us look stupid recommending QBO . You need a quick fix to save credibility.

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this has not been sorted, I have rung to complain on more than one occasion, and still nothing, they even announced it was on the cards about 18mths ago! This is getting to be a deal breaker for me. Currently looking at moving to Xero!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really annoying not having this feature on its basic stuff and again wasting time having to either enter in the notes at the bottom of the remittance to let the supplier know that we've allocated credits or a separate email. This was on the desktop version so why not on the online version. #savetime #getorganised GET IT DONE!

• Seth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is SO annoying!
        I cannot simply print the remittance and send along with credit card authorization to pay and use those credits. If I forget to write in the credit information, my card is charged for more than I've reflected in my books. They would be better off not offering a print out of the payment rather than giving you the wrong one.
        I see requests to fix this dating back a couple years... Is anyone listening??

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base