I suggest you ...

Ability to make Direct Deposit 1099 Contractor payments

How about bringing back being able to pay contractors through payroll?

1,727 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

164 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having the ability to pay contractors via direct deposit is a real drawback. This feature is included with the Desktop version when you have added Payroll feature. Please consider doing that

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Direct Deposit feature added to paying vendors would allow payment without having to issue a check. A Bank Transfer option would allow the Owner's Draw to be immediately deposited into a personal checking account, from a business account.

• Brittany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this feature isn't available yet when it's on QB Desktop. We switched from desktop to online and not having this feature is a real pain.

We are having to pay Square Payroll to be able to pay contractors via direct deposit.

CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY ONLINE CLIENTS OFF THIS AND BACK TO DESKTOP W/QBOX AS DATA STORAGE!!

• Todd Gamber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to start recommending QBO to people because I recently moved to QBO from QB Desktop. Now, I'm going to badmouth it. This is such an embarrassing feature for Intuit to have overlooked (or chosen not to support). My first payroll and now all of a sudden I have MORE work than when I was using QBO. Totally surprising, yet somehow in line with Intuit's mediocrity.

• Michael D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request has been around since 2012, at least the oldest comment is from then. I am amazed that it isn't part of payroll. What is needed to make this a higher priority so that Intuit will take this request seriously? In the IT business, we use 1099 contractors all the time and it is embarrassing to tell them we can only print checks, we don't have the ability to pay by direct deposit.

• Ilene Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can anyone please provide an update on whether ACH payments for subcontractors in Quickbooks Online will be available anytime soon? We have QB enhanced payroll and can pay our one employee via direct deposit but none of our subcontractors and it is really frustrating.

• Emmanuel Odetoye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add direct deposit for 1099 contractor as soon as practicable, the feature is essential for business promotion also, in addition, include batch transaction entries as we have it in 2014 edition

• BPouw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this feature makes me want to roll back to the desktop version or look at other accounting software.

• Dorothy David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding direct deposit to vendors in QBO would be huge!! This is a function that is greatly needed! Please look into adding this function as soon as possible. I would like to continue to refer clients to QBO, but without this feature, it is hindering me.

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in the Uk and I am really surprised this software can't electronically pay bills online! It looks like you will fall behind your competition if you don't get this sorted. Xero are offering a batch billing soiftware which is a temporary solution, https://help.xero.com/uk/ExportBatch
        Quickbooks, get your act together!

PLEASE PLEASE PLASE ALLOW US TO PAY A 1099 VENDOR VIA DIRECT DEPOSIT THROUGH QBO AND NOT THROUGH OTHER FEE CHARGING METHODS (bill.com, Intuit Online Payroll, etc.). We're paying for merchant services already through QBO, let's add this functionality just like desktop. You want online to be mobile, then allow mobile functionality by allowing the payment of a vendor directly through the application and not through another fee charging method using an outside source. It's 2017....

• Tres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If what I've read in message threads is correct, you CAN pay a 1099 independent contractor via direct deposit using the QuickBooks desktop software, but you can't do this using QuickBooks Online. If that's correct, then this is another example where the desktop software has superior functionality over QBO, yet I'm under the impression that Intuit pushes the sale of QBO harder. Why then would QBO not have at least identical (if not superior) capabilities? Frustrating. We are starting to regret moving from the desktop software to QBO.

Please add this. I work with many subcontractors and Direct Deposit would really help.

• Levi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great to have!!! When can would it be available.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add it!

Actually give us something in return for the money you take each month.

Stop suggesting bill.com that requires a monthly subscription when other options are available at no additional cost in other versions.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base