I suggest you ...

Please consolidate the menus!

Please consolidate the menus! What is intuitive about 3 different menus for pages we use on a regular basis, especially if 2 of them are hidden under icons that aren't intuitive in the first place? At the very least move the Chart of Accounts, Lists, and Tools to the main menu since they have nothing to do with settings, which is what a gear icon implies. And what is Reconcile doing under Tools in the first place. That should be under Banking. (By the way, why isn’t there a Banking menu anywhere?)
I would be much happier with the new design if there was a menu similar to what we had: Create invoice & Receive Payment, etc. under Customers; Expense, Check, & Bill, etc. under Vendors; Registers, Print Checks, Reconcile, Transfer, & Deposit, etc. under Banking (which we don't even have); and all of these on the main menu. Also, please let us hover to show the sub-menus; it makes navigation a lot more fluid than having to click everything.
A menu like this would reduce the amount of clicks significantly, it would be much more intuitive, and it would make things much easier to find than the current one. I think many of your customers would be happier if you would change the navigation in the way I suggested. I know I would.

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        all the clicking... makes me crazy.....

• Cynthia K Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too am wasting way too much of my time trying to navigate the added clicks. I need to get in and get the work done is short order. I am very discussed with the changes and will probably have to drop the online version and go back to the standard QuickBooks Pro.

• Deb Kavlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this! I have to click twice as many times to get to something than I did in the old version. And I don't understand why there isn't a Banking Menu. This version is confusing.

• Tracey Winter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like tasks now take at least one and in most cases two additional clicks. That might not sound like a lot until you consider that that is every task all day long. Everything is taking so much longer with the "upgrade" version.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Homepage

Feedback and Knowledge Base