I suggest you ...

Set Default Customer or Supplier GST HST PST Sales Tax Codes for Canada Customers

Set default Tax Code (GST, GST/PST, HST) on Customer or Supplier record.

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thanks for submitting your feedback about setting default sales tax codes for customers in the Canadian version of QuickBooks Online.

As of today, this functionality is now live. You can add a default tax code to any customer, and QuickBooks Online will remember it for all future transactions. You can find additional details in our support article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1692455

Thanks,
    The Intuit QuickBooks Team

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • grace.stroligo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible to have the ability to delete customers and suppliers/vendors that are entered incorrectly and have no transactions attached - I often have clients manually add a customer or vendor in error and currently there is no way to delete these.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All tax code options should be allowed on items in the items list so you do not have to repeat it every time you sell it. My prices are exclusive of taxes and everytime I create an invoice or sales receipt I have to choose HST after each item. When you are creating alot of these in a day with more than 5 items per slip, it becomes very time consuming. Especially when just typing h doesnt save the hst choice, you literally have to choose from the drop down list. My carpel tunnel is starting to act up and I am seriously considering not keeping Quick Books on-line. I have tried creating a recurring sales slip but when I hit save and new, instead of giving another blank recurring slip it gives me a blank slip. So now I have to click 5 times more to reopen the recurring slip. NOT time efficient at all!

Please add tax info option in customer addition section. For example if you are adding a customer that has pst number and they are pst exempt, the system should be able to allow you to add thier pst no to the customer file, and when there is an audit, it is very important to have the customers pst no.

Further more, there are some customers who don't pay gst or pst in Canada, so because there are 2 taxes in Canada, there should be 2 tax info section, that we can name gst and pst

Have a preference setting if $ amounts should be inclusive or exclusive of tax. I prefer to work with inclusive and have to change it everytime.

Add the ability to turn of PST in Sales Tax. Currently Sales Tax can be turned on and off but not PST or GST individually. Many of our clients are only GST registrants. Turning off PST, while keeping GST on, would also delete/make inactive the related PST GL accounts.

The function should be added to turn off PST. Currently Sales Tax can be turned on or off but many of our clients are just GST registrants. Turning off the PST portion of Sales Tax would be useful, and would also delete or make inactive the related GL accounts.

I am reconciling a US credit card and having to choose the applicable GST/HST for every single line!! GST/HST is a provincial sales tax and should have nothing to do with my US credit card expenses. I have selected that the default tax for this card be "Exempt" and it makes no difference. I am still forced to choose exempt again for every line item before I can add it to my register. This is a complete waste of time. My statement for this account alone is 17 pages long every month. I don't have time to mess around with a Ontario Tax when reconciling my US credit card!!! Please fix this.

When inputting expenses please include an option under the tax that would automatically figure out the GST on a purchase via credit card. When you receive your CC statement it would say $100.00 from Petro Canada. I paid the GST on this, but now with QB Online I need to figure out what the pre invoice price was before the GST was added.

Tax codes should be assignable by customer. One customer in BC should be able to be assigned to have the default chargeable tax for that region vs. clients in Ontario (for example). In QB-Standalone we could assign a default tax code to each customer. This is missing and therefore requiring us to need to assign a tax code for each individual line item on each invoice. An extra task that should be made simpler by inserting this functionality into this version of your software.

2 Next →

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Customer Center

Feedback and Knowledge Base