I suggest you ...

Set Default Customer or Supplier GST HST PST Sales Tax Codes for Canada Customers

Set default Tax Code (GST, GST/PST, HST) on Customer or Supplier record.

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thanks for submitting your feedback about setting default sales tax codes for customers in the Canadian version of QuickBooks Online.

As of today, this functionality is now live. You can add a default tax code to any customer, and QuickBooks Online will remember it for all future transactions. You can find additional details in our support article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1692455

Thanks,
    The Intuit QuickBooks Team

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dianakrebsbooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be added for the Supplier, it tends to vary based on the supplier location rather than the expense account.

• Shelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new version costs me so much time & $ to apply a tax code per line item. Not to mention if a line is missed or a complete invoice. This was taken out of the new "improved" cloud based program. Please fix it

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a no brainer ! We need to have this feature for both customers and suppliers

• Marlene Pisani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have to have the ability to assign a TAX CODE to the customer,, we supply many many customers each whom may pay different taxes,, we have to keep a binder available with tax codes because you dont have this abilty ,, when you are invoicing there is no way of knowing what a customer pays,,

I AM TIRED OF WORK AROUNDS,,, THIS SHOULD BE A STANDARD OPTION..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Brendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating invoices from weekly timesheets, the GST code does not get transferred to the invoice. We must manually enter the GST code for every line item on the invoice, which is very time consuming. GST codes have already been setup for each product/service so this information should be used to populate the GST code on invoices.

• Darlene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should this not be a redundant topic? How could Intuit have missed this? Please add this ability!

• rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a very trivial item and I would like to see this ability added. It would make my life a lot easier!

• Big Bear Tools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Desktop Pro, we had "Customer tax code & country," but there are no corresponding fields in Online Plus.

The "Tax info" tab for a customer has only a field for entering their Business no.

• Janice Montgomery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about the ability to make a customer a "provincial tax customer" rather than having to apply the same tax on 35 line items. i.e. Customer located in Ontario will be charged HST for entire order, customer from Alberta will be charge GST on entire order. Right now we have to do it line by line.

• Rod Potter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need a process to designate tax rate for each customer as in Desktop Version. This takes too long to do individually as i have over 300 customers. Should be able at least to export as CSV file and then import the edited file

Sales Tax Options in Estimates.. It would make estimating quicker if there was a button to show or hide the applicable sales tax,, Some business owners quote projects without sales tax, some with ,, when you have a lot of items it is crazy that you have to change the tax code when you go from an estimate to an invoice,,, I have had to correct many clients books when they have forgotten to change the tax code and end up not charging tax after converting from an estimate. Also adding customer sales tax codes in the customer module like it is in desktop should have been incorporated into QBO,, this is a no brainer!

• Jeanette Chong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If one enters a bill, and tries to put the whole amount under GST paid out you can't. Many companies import items they have to pay the GST on. But to enter a bill and have it all HST you can't do that.

Sloppy response from Intuit,, we have to have a default tax code setting in customer profile,,, staff inputting data cant be searching for this information THIS IS A MUST! IF YOU EXPECT TO USE THIS SOFTWARE FOR MULITIPLE CLIENTS

When I am editing a bill or expense, and I flick the 'Amounts inclusive or exclusive of tax' switch, the amount on my expense line changes. The reason I'm clicking the switch is because I just entered the correct amount, but need to change the taxes! When I flick the switch the detail lines get changed, then I have to update them AGAIN!

The system should keep the detail lines the same, and update the TOTAL, not the other way around!

Put the customers tax code back into his information file so I don't have to configure every line in his billing invoice...

Allow sales tax to be set for individual customers or suppliers - The same product can be sold to customers across the country or in the US. We need capability to have correct rate of sales tax be applied to customers.
        When we purchase similar products from Canadian or US suppliers, our US suppliers do not charge HST.

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base