I suggest you ...

Wanted: One Click Home Page

The QBO home page should have one click navigation to all of the main activities. One click to receive money. One click to create an invoice. One click to pay a customer, etc. Instead, each of these basic accounting functions is two or more clicks away.

Can you imagine if the QBO team ever re-designed the Google home page? The Google home page would not have a search box. Instead, the Home page would show meaningless stats about all of the searches you did the past week and on top of the page they would place a tiny + sign which would require the user to click a link called “Search” which would open a new page which would finally contain a search box.

593 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TL shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Binkle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree!! The home page should have one click navigation to ALL of the main activities for your company!!

• Faisal Siddiqi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think QB tech team should constantly maintain statistics in background of most used functions/screens/forms/actions. Top 10 items should be one click, next 10 can be 2 click .. and so on... where and how to place them.. is up to the beautification team of QBO

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be FANTASTIC to have the QB Online Home Page look JUST like the QuickBooks Desktop "Home" main screen!! We don't need that plus Icon and left column menu. Just the "Home" Screen similar to the desktop version! Navigating the QuickBooks Online Would be FANTASTIC!

• Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TOTALLY agree and would actually be nice to be able to customize what shows up on this home page so that I can eliminate data and functions that are not relevant to me.

• mnelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The home page several years ago was a simple "Money Flow" diagram, with incoming invoices, payments and cash on the left; the main bank account in the middle; and outgoing bills, payments and cash on the right.

One click took you directly to the page you needed without any hassle or confusion.

Since this issue has lots of votes and comments, I have concluded that Intuit DOES NOT CARE that removing key features is a bad thing, as in the Google example above.

• Ashley Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, the UI needs work. For example, how come, on the customer detail page, you show everything but the contact name?

• Susan Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have come from the QB Desktop version and I have to say, the design of the UI for the Online version leaves a lot to be desired. What were you thinking? If you want to encourage people to switch, DO NOT force them to learn a completely new interface. Frankly, the homepage for the Desktop version is superior to the online version. You get in and can access what you want in one click. I really miss not being able to have multiple windows open that I can easily switch between.

• Abby Farber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - one click PLUS add the ability to customize with user-defined shortcuts - like to favorite reports.

• Jeff Mullins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The home page icons on the left menus remind me of when I started programming 20 years ago. Please download some decent icons to match the home page like a home shaped icon. The apps icon is a cloud w/thunder, the employee icon is not even interpretative, nor the sales tax icon. The vendors' icon looks like a guillotine or window the stick figure is stuck in. My o my, please update this kindergarten graphics so I can feel more proud to login to or see on my co-workers desktop when walking by.

• Jeff Mullins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The home page is a joke. Make a real dashboard. That's how cars/airplanes work. At a glance you should have categorized data, not just a p&l. Also a dashboard link to the detailed data instead of these cumbersome 3-4-5 click to drill down menus. Even the banking info is short-sighted. It does not include the reconciled balance which is necessary along with the QB balance and the bank balance. Using the downloaded transactions is never real-time and when it downloads, it is much harder to match than the manual way. A customized dashboard would be even better. You can then add what's important to your type business.

• QBOnlineGeek.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of clicking, just use keyboard shortcuts; it is way faster. For example, CTL + ALT + I will create a new invoice, CTL + ALT + W will create a new check, etc. similar to QuickBooks for Desktop.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DJ: If you login to QBO, go to the right side of the screen showing the company name and look for the magic words "Feedback." You can add as many comments and ideas as you want. : )

• Bae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The entire home page is a waste of space as it is now.

• DJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used up all my votes in previous posts. We should have 100 votes, so we can really put our voting power to work.

• DJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a wonderful Idea. Add a customizable home page and you would take alot of the frustration out of using this new program.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Homepage

Feedback and Knowledge Base