I suggest you ...

Automatic Invoice Due Reminder

Automatic Invoice Due Reminders would help receive payments on time. Once an invoice is sent, QuickBooks would automatically send a reminder (your invoice is due soon) to the client a couple of days before it is due.

1,225 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sales shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

133 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a setting for a customized reminder message. Using the same message as an invoice isn't the right thing to do since it is a reminder, not an initial email with the invoice. Allow the message to be modified and saved under company settings like all the other messages.

• haveanicewalk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AUTOMATIC PAST DUE NOTIFICATIONS FOR INVOICES.
        Allow for the system to set up to three automatically delivered notifications for invoices that become "overdue" i.e. a notification goes out at 30 days, at 45 days then at 60 days...a REMINDER where a personalized note can be attached to each payment reminder that the system then sends out to invoice remaining unpaid.
        PLEASE! Those of us who depend on QB invoices for payment and therefore our overhead costs need this assistant rather than having to do it manually. We pay a decent amount of money for the service, then another nice sum when client pay by card...WE NEED THIS!!!! i'm a small business and going in an resending individually 40+ invoices for late payers is too time consuming. i just came over from FRESHBOOKS and they have this integrated into their invoicing system.

Can we please have an automated alert/email system for past due invoices, allowing the system to send prewritten past due notice emails out at certain intervals automatically. As an example, check out Freshbooks, they have this feature handled almost perfectly.

I'm coming from Harvest where I click one button and after a certain date my overdue invoices automatically have reminders sent every X amount of days. Is there a similar functionality in QB?

I know there is a batch function to re send but it does not let you edit any message in the body of an email. What process allows this to happen so we can inform customers that the email is an Overdue Invoice Reminder and not just using the default custom Invoice message?

Can you please add a feature to enable automatic emails generated for past due accounts? It would save a lot of time when I have to go to each invoice past due than click send. Also when an invoice is really over due(that I can set to my preferences) , I want to send an email out every day!! Thanks for the help.

• tomd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once you implement what every other service does regarding overdue invoices and automated reminders, you need to also include the ability to have a default email message for these types of emails that go out. Currently we do not even have the ability to edit the message that goes out to Send Transactions batch function when we have to have to manually send these overdue invoice reminders. Your product team should really look hard at the competition on this front and implement quickly.

Is there an option in QBOnline to set up automated invoice payment reminders to customers who've been sent an invoice but haven't paid yet? It would be great to have the option to set up some predetermined automated reminders to customers who haven't paid their invoices. For instance, a customizable time frame, every 5 days, 10 days, 30 days after the due date.

Desktop had the option to round up all your OVERDUE invoices and send an appropriate email saying they had become overdue. It also had the feature to send reminders to jobs becoming overdue. I can not find this feature in the Online version. The ability to send reminders and overdue invoices should be available easier than sending the invoice again with a friendly note that we appreciate your business very much! It should be like desktop when you did that the email matched and referenced they had become overdue.

Is there a way to automatically have an email sent to me when one of my customers' account is past due? ie. John S. owes me $100 on Nov 5th. He doesn't pay. On Nov 6th I receive an email alert that he hasnt' paid.

• I need it commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. Xero uses an app called Chaser to do this. Hopefully QB can get something working too.

• contact commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have an option to set the system to automatically resend unpaid invoices after so many days delinquent and continue to resend automatically on a monthly basis until paid.

Please add a facility to send automatic reminders to Clients that have not paid their bills, eg. reminder 1 after 20 days, reminder 2 after 30 days , final reminder after 45 days. Each reminder should attach the invoice, and there should be a standard text for each reminder that can be edited by the user.

Please:
        1. enable reminders on the home screen.
        2. send automated email to me if a client invoice become past due.
        3. offer automated email reminders to clients if their invoice becomes past due.

Thank you!

There should be a feature that you can set your invoice templates to send out auto-reminders to customers that are past due. It would be great to be able to set the reminder to go out every week, or how often you choose. The auto-reminder would send out until the invoice is paid. WE WOULD LOVE YOU if you could make this happen and would cut out manual time for our accounts receivables department. Thank you for your attention. Sincerely, Amber Vazsonyi, President ExpressWorks OHS

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base