I suggest you ...

Automatic Invoice Due Reminder

Automatic Invoice Due Reminders would help receive payments on time. Once an invoice is sent, QuickBooks would automatically send a reminder (your invoice is due soon) to the client a couple of days before it is due.

1,225 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sales shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

133 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan Hurst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been mentioned several times already. It seems like an obvious option for invoicing: set up an account to resend an invoice that is a certain number of days late with a note indicating as such.

• Hannah Flanagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be super-helpful, especially for small businesses/sole traders. I just had another client ask for this functionality today.

• Asmaa Methqal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A feature that send automatic reminders to customers when invoices are overdue is a must for all QB plans!

I was certain this feature was already available on Quickbooks when I signed up, since I am used to it when I get invoices from sub-contractors using Freshbooks.

• Bob Mc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

automatically send a reminder to pay an past due invoice, everyday or once per week or month, by email. for customer / thieves that don't pay for services rendered
        Hi mmrepairman,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Automatic reminders for unpaid invoices aren't available in QuickBooks Online. I suggest sending a feedback through this link: http://feedback.qbo.intuit.com. This way our product developer team will be aware that you want this feature added. I'd appreciate this a lot! Many feature updates have happened because of customer suggestions. We're always striving to improve the product and make it even more helpful to our customers.

Fill me in if you have further questions. Thanks.

• Carolyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need this. We use recurring templates to send annual and monthly invoices by email, but they're often overlooked and forgotten unpaid. A reminder sent at intervals to remind clients that their invoice is still unpaid would be very helpful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to send out automatic reminders for invoices that are past due. I get this from all my vendors (ATT, Comcast, Reliant Energy, etc.), why don't we have the option? Also, an automatic reminder before the due date would be helpful.

• Chad Calder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't this a standard feature?!
        The more I use QBO, the more I'm surprised by how little it really offers. I've been a user for just under a month, and I can think of six things - just off the top of my head - where's I'm now doing "work arounds" because QBO is WAY under developed.

If you want to keep my business, please develop the product before you release it.

• Stephanie Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree with Lisa's comment below too!

This seems like such a basic functionality that I can't believe it's not inherent in the system already - and certainly not over a year after the request was originally posted!

If QB didn't have other features that I liked as much as I do, the lack of having this feature would make me switch to another system in a heartbeat. As it is, I'm on the fence since I'm new with this and still assessing all the functionality.

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently in a trial with Quickbooks and noticed this feature isn't there (I currently use Freshbooks). This really needs to be part of QBO.

• Pam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most definitely! I almost went with Freshbooks (and still evaluating it) mostly because of this feature alone!. The only drawback to Freshbooks is I would have to have a separate credit card processor, otherwise, they win.

• Laetitia Donaghy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to send an invoice to my clients that shows the original price - the discount (I know I can do that already.) But from there, I'd like to split the invoice in 2:
        - 20% deposit
        - Balance

Right now the only walk-around way to do that is to "Add a discount" of 80%, so that the balance is really only reflecting 20%. Then make another invoice and discount it by 20%. It's very clunky and unprofessional looking.

Along the same line of thinking, splitting into different payments would be great (i.e. allowing for payment plan, which would track payments made and simply take them out of the outstanding balance.)

Or maybe someone would like to split their method of payment too.

Finally, setting up automatic reminders of outstanding balance would certainly lighten my load of work. People sometimes forget and it gets buried in their inbox. To have an email reminder go out every week or month, or even on a specific date (until the invoice is satisfied) would be very helpful.

• kelly baugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automatic payment reminder emails when invoices are overdue, and automatic thank you emails after payments are received.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to send bulk reminders with or without a statement and message from the Sales Transactions page perhaps

I would like to see QB Online add more robust features for handling overdue invoices. FreshBooks has settings for customizing up to 3 automated late payment notification emails, as well as settings for automatically applying either a flat late fee or a set percentage of the outstanding balance. The deadline for applying the late fee is also customizable, with an option to compound the fee every 30 days. This is incredibly helpful to small businesses.

I have my invoices set for 30 terms, after the 30 days and the customer still has not paid I want an automatic email (invoice) to be sent out again with out me having to go in and manually send it each time. Also, if it could auto fill late charges that be be AWESOME! Danny York, Holeygrounds Lawn Care

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base