I suggest you ...

Automatic Invoice Due Reminder

Automatic Invoice Due Reminders would help receive payments on time. Once an invoice is sent, QuickBooks would automatically send a reminder (your invoice is due soon) to the client a couple of days before it is due.

1,225 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sales shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

133 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I typed in my idea here...your suggestions showed 4800+ results with my topic keywords...clearly this is a feature that is in high demand.

Your customers are making the switch to your competitors that have this feature.

Also, see this thread:

https://community.intuit.com/questions/976861-can-quickbooks-online-send-invoice-late-payment-reminders-to-clients-also-can-you-view-if-a-client-has-opened-an-estimate-or-invoice?jump_to=comment_3107687

• Brew - James Breward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like QuickBooks online to email me or text me every day/week there is a invoice that is overdue. I do not log into quick books online every day so I wish there to be a more active notification system.

• HP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make credit controlling so much more efficient!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be absolutely essential and beneficial to have automatic email reminder available for invoices.
        This feature would allow us to setup a schedule to send out automatic emails to our customer to remind them that they have outstanding invoices with us.
        With so many invoices on hand it is almost a full time job to keep sending emails to our customers reminding them that they have outstanding invoices.

• rnd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

REALLY need this feature. If QB is dedicated to making businesses more efficient, this is a no brainer.

• Naman Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I search "email invoice reminder" 10,000+ ideas were returned in search results. This seems to be big problem for business owners using QBs online, with reason considering our cashflow and overall ability to operate our business and pay our employees is affected by this. I strongly urge Intuit to address this issue, investigate and discuss with your users and you will understand why this is a priority.

I'm sure while investigating (speaking with users and reading through current ideas) you will find many different versions, but my idea is to,

1. Have a preference to automatically email open invoice reminders # of days prior to due date.
        2. Have a preference to automatically email overdue invoice reminders # of days after due date and/or intrevals after due date (every 1 week/month). We need to be able to customize so we can message to our customers properly.
        3. Group open/overdue invoice into one email message to avoid clutter and frustration with customer inbox.
        4. Generate a demand/notice/collection letter. This was in QB deskstop so it is more frustrating because we lost a feature that was very useful. This is important because some customers still don't prefer email.

In Quickbooks Desktop there is a great function "Collections Centre". Here you can see a list of all overdue invoices, then select which ones you'd like to send reminders about. Quickbooks then automatically generates then reminder emails attaching a copy of the overdue invoices.

• Alan Chu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if you guys add a feature to send automated reminders for invoices with upcoming due dates.

• Philip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Auto Reminders for overdue invoices. It's such a standard feature and it is a pity Quickbooks doesn't have it since Xero & MYOB do.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They are more interested in taking our monthly payments and giving us lackluster updates and a chance for a free tee shirt........Nothing that is worthwhile has been attempted, nor do they even look at these suggestions or complaints.

Any kind of update feedback they moderate heavily. Those that don't like the things that are done are selectively not posted.

• Square Candy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sucks that the best way to do things seems to be to cobble together a very expensive group of different services that seem to all do different things well.

I'm leaving FreshBooks because it's just not really at all a full fledged accounting system. No reconciliation features means some other product like quickbooks is a must for the serious business owner.

But FreshBooks really gets the reminders system right. I would look to their system for a model of how to implement this for Quickbooks Online.

Super surprised that this doesn't exist already on QBO.

Can't be that hard, right?

• Bernie Shweinsteiger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to have Quickbooks send reminder emails to clients when there invoices hit 30, 50, 60 days (or customisable) like freshbooks does.

• Jerry Wagenaar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it possible that quicbooks re-send an Invoice once it becomes overdue. And it's also would be great if quickbooks autimacally send an email every 1st of month with the open balance.

• Amy Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        1) Is that possible to send customer automatic reminder for overdue invoices?
        2) When I run A/R Aging summary, is that possible to also show 'Notes' following each customer line on the report? So I can see when is the last time we chase up that customer, which is recorded manually in 'Notes' of 'Customer info'.
        Thank you.

• gabelliott@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to create invoice reminders for past due invoices would be major time saver and help ensure payments come in on time.

Automatically send past due invoice reminders! This is a MUST HAVE. Most invoicing tools out there have this already built it. I'm really not sure why we don't have this in QB?

• Jonathan Jenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automated Overdue Statement Reminders~ Provide templates and schedules for sending overdue statements on an automated basis.

Templates allows for specifc messaging such as 30/60/90 day letters vs. 1st/2nd/3rd reminder.

Schedules allows for customized timing.

I would want this autmation as the defaultl setting but should also have the ability to "opt out" of automated statement sending as a whole and on an individual basis.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this may lead me to jumping ship and heading to Freshbooks or Xero. I would like to know if this is even in the works.

I agree with this wholeheartedly... I do receive reminders, but as a business owners, our time should be spent focusing on how to provide excellent customer service, or a great product. This would help so much!

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base