I suggest you ...

Automatic Invoice Due Reminder

Automatic Invoice Due Reminders would help receive payments on time. Once an invoice is sent, QuickBooks would automatically send a reminder (your invoice is due soon) to the client a couple of days before it is due.

1,225 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sales shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

133 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jess Mercer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to send automatic reminders for nearly due and invoices as they are due/overdue at custom intervals Eg 3 days befor due, on the due date, then weekly as they become overdue would save a lot of time. I am suprised this function is not already available. Is there any update on the progress/

• SMD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have too many notorious late payers who do so as the normal course of business. Having an "Automated Invoice Due Reminder" would free up the time our Accounting personnel spend re-sending Invoices. I'd be willing to bet if there were a way QBO could charge us an additional fee for this functionality, it would have gotten done in days.

• Kari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree there not only needs to be a reminder for when it is due but when it is late as well.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, an auto reminder that we can set up on our preferred dates would be nice I personally have found much better success when I remind my clients 3-5 days out.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, this shouldn't even be a question as to be in QB. Fresh books had it, QB is supposed to be the Rolls Royce fo accounting software and as a consumer paying a premium, I think it should be expected that these tiny features that make HUGE differences, be thought through and added without us having to ask for them.

• Karl Rolfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really appreciate the ability to send a reminder on the day the invoice is due, then at configurable intervals after it is due and not been paid. Xero has this feature. The reminder notice(s) should be configurable too as the longer the invoice is overdue the language needs to be adjusted.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to this update.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this was the reason that I switched from QB to another vendor, however when it is up and running I will be happy to come back

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People dont pay till you dont hit them on their head unfortunately. This will help us do our job and keep them reminding to pay.

• Christine Flies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, would be nice to be able to change such as turn this feature on/off and also be able to remove the late fee charges for certain customers. We have a policy that we do not charge non-profit business such as churches and schools a late fee because they usually have to go through a committee meeting and have their payments approved by the board before they can make payments to us and it could be over a month before we get paid. Also, with this feature can you make it so that we can set our policy guidelines for this feature up according to our companies late fee policy. Such as how long before we charge a late fee after it is overdue, such as # of days, weeks, or months. We charge a late fee after 7 days business days and it is charged to the customers account on the 8th business day.

• w everitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so helpful. A reminder set days before due then sets times after due. Please get this in qbo

• Square Candy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will probably be the tipping point for me to move fully off of freshbooks to QBO billing. Please keep us updated about the schedule for the roll out of this.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's only been 4yrs....

This is such a BASIC item that we should have already.

Get it done QBO
        Give us something useful for the money we pay you each month.

• Raquel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QUICKBOOKS, we seriously NEED this feature in order to minimize our losses from unpaid invoices. I might have to switch to a different accounting software due to the lack of this feature and the lack of automatic late fee implementation on overdue invoices.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Pay Bills

Feedback and Knowledge Base