I suggest you ...

Let Customer Accept Estimate

when i have qbo send an estimate to a customer, it would be great to give my customer the option to accept, deny, or request a revision to the estimate in the web interface, then notify me when an action has taken place

217 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matt Fiocca shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am finding that there are several things I do not like about quickbooks, but not having the ability to send out estimates and being able to get approval by customer is on the top of the list. Looking though the comments, I am not alone. Funny how I have to agree to the terms of service to post this, but I cannot request the same thing when I send out an estimate to my clients.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great feature that Xero already has. If QBO doesn't get this feature soon, then I may move to Xero instead

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The lack of this feature is a huge miss by QBO and it is the reason I will not be switching to QBO

I didn't realize it couldn't do this. We just moved to QBO, and are starting to move our Estimate and Invoicing process. I am a bit surprised that this isn't already a feature.

• Gary Testa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely a massive gap with QBO. In addition it would be great to have a place for customers to make quantity adjustments or provide comments to the provided estimates in a notes field!!

Today I have to manually follow up with customers to determine if they accept the estimate and want any changes and then I have to manually generate an invoice. It would be great to see a To Do item with accepted estimates and the review them and generate invoices.

Thinking about making the switch to Quickbooks but this is a major flaw for us. We need our customers to be able to accept an estimate. Please consider this change ASAP,

Yes please! This would be a great feature that is much needed in my business. It would also be helpful if they could select options from the estimate.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to contact them directly about this matter? They obviously don't moderate these requests.....

• Patrick Finnegan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too. The ability for a customer to click an accept button or simply follow a link would be helpful along with an email notification that the customer has accepted.

• Claire Clancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't realise that this wasn't available in quickbooks. This is an important feature we need if we are to stay with quickbooks

As a CPA that sends out estimates for tax season, this is needed. Things change year-to-year with folks's financial situation. I use prior year information to create a current year estimate. It would be ideal to send an estimate and allow the customer to accept it by paying for the amount stated on the estimate. This automatically triggers an invoice. If the customer needs to adjust the estimate, we could then go back and forth in some other fashion.

This is a great idea. We would love to have this feature for our customers. Not only would it be more effective but it would also give us a record of the date and time the customer accepted the estimate. Especially for those time when the customer is refusing to pay. At least then we would have more proof to present to them. Please QBO consider implementing this feature! Thanks!!

• Rebekah Crill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just convinced my project manager and engineer to start doing estimates in QBO so I wasn't retyping their work over again in order to invoice. After doing one estimate, my engineer asked me if there was a way to digitally accept an estimate. I see here that many others have asked for the same thing. Add me to to list!

This was one of the features we loved in Xero Accounting. It seems like we are going backwards with our Estimates now.
        QBO, please see that this is a very much wanted feature & can only make QBO look better!

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Form Delivery

Feedback and Knowledge Base