I suggest you ...

Introduce Progress Invoicing

Be able to bill out fractions or amounts of a Job or Project to an Invoice.

While we are looking at this feature, workarounds currently include:

1. You can use the Balance Forward Statement to show the original invoice, any payments made, and the remaining balance. The steps are given in knowledgebase article:

https://community.intuit.com/articles/1145736-all-about-statements

2. You can create a separate invoice for each stage of the job. These invoices can be created in advance to equal the total amount of the job by using a recurring template.

For instructions on recurring templates, see knowledgebase article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1442437-create-a-recurring-template

Thank you

6,228 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback that you’d like to see progress invoicing in QuickBooks Online. We’ve assigned a team to develop this feature and they are picking up work now so stay tuned for updates. Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. Thanks for your patience and please keep the feedback coming!

662 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kiki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PROGRESS INVOICE IS NOW AVAILABLE IN QUICKBOOKS ONLINE! !!
        You must turn it on.

1- Go to the gear icon and choose account and settings
        2 select sales and then choose progress invoicing
        3 in the progress invoicing section select edit icon
        4 to enable progress invoicing -select the " Create multiple partial invoices from a single estimate box.
        5 then save and done

• Andy Leung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any updates for this feature? Is that still under "planning"?? I will change software if there is no actual work for this feature yet.

• Daniel Wardle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that there has been some progress allowing this. Is there a way you can add the percentage columns as both user and print available? My clients want to see the % complete on the invoice. Can retainage be built into this as well? I'm have to create a custom field for retainage at the moment.

• Tim Hoyman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is frustrating that this is not part of QBO. This is basic accounting people, so it should be part of the application.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just checked with support - they ran into issues so pulled it back. No date for next try at release.

So progress invoicing in my opinion is being able to invoice as % of job completion/contracted amount. This feature allows you to copy a estimate in full to a invoice. It's not true "progress invoicing". Creating seperate invoices may be an option but that creates inaccurate ageing reports.

• Sophie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance of this feature in UK. No sign as of yet. Will be really useful.

• Brent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see the Progress Invoicing option according to this comment posted a few months ago... I'm on the phone with customer support right now and he just told me they are rolling it out in "clusters". He notated my account that I'm interested and hopes it will boost priority for my account... hope this helps!

Beta progressive invoicing was just launched!!
        1. Go to Gear, Account and Settings
        2. Select “Advanced”
        3. Go to the Automation settings
        4. Check the box to turn on Progress Invoicing
        5. Then under your Estimate, click on Copy to Invoice or Create Invoice. you may need to Accept the Estimate before you see this option.
        6. use only new estimates. do not try and use old ones already in the system.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I saw a webinar this week that said it is rolling out over the next few weeks. Rollouts are done in stages.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was told by QB customer support staff that this would be fully implemented by end of Feb. What's the timeline for full release for all QBO subscribers? Has it changed? When can we expect full release?

Thanks!

I don't have this on my account settings. Please Help I need progress invoicing!!!

Progressive Invoicing BETA was launched this year! You need to activate it on your account settings.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just saw a webinar yesterday ... in the states it is in beta... planned for general release shortly. They didn't say anything about Canada yet.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Print Checks

Feedback and Knowledge Base