I suggest you ...

Offer an option to have invoice #'s show up in the email subject line.

When invoices go out via email, they all have the same subject line. If invoices are cc'd to the QBO user's Gmail account, they will all be grouped together. If a customer replies with a question about the invoice it can easily be lost/buried in the group.

Adding a checkbox to add the invoice # to the subject line in preferences for form delivery would take an Intuit engineer about 2 minutes. It would make each email "unique" and would therefore not force it to be grouped with other emailed invoices. It would make locating customer responses to emailed invoices MUCH easier.

By the way, this is also a feature that is already on Quickbooks Desktop.

For an example, see the attached picture. 37 invoices sent out, numerous customer responses, and all grouped together in one line. VERY difficult to tell when new responses or replies have been received.

192 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Slaguana shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They are VERY not interested in providing ANY functionality unless it originates at their secret round table. They clearly do not have any interest in delivering what users need, just look at the topics. Intuit is a publicly traded company, stock price and seated board members are all they're concerned about. Look good in the public's eye, screw your customers behind closed doors.

• Connie Rodriguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To me, it seems like our VERY important suggestions take a VERY long time, when in the eyes of the support people we speak to, they indicate QB does listen. Hmmmmm

• Eugene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More specifically, it would be nice to have macros like #invoice# or #client name# or #company name# that we can use in the email subject or email body (when making a custom one)

• Timothy Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't 5-years long enough to wait??
        Since May of 2011 I have been asking of our vendor the ability to Auto Fill Invoice numbers in the subject of emails. This feature exists in your offline produce so it is not unreasonable to request it in the online product.
        This is an often searched for feature on the internet. My Google search returned over 311,000 results.for this feature. This feature will not only be of great benefit to your customers but also to their customers.

• Timothy Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been requesting (of our vendor) the ability to Auto Fill the Invoice Number in the subject line since May of 2011. This is often searched request on the internet. **This feature exists in your off line product** This is a very desirable and often searched for feature. My Google search returned 311,000 results. This will make not only benefit your customers but it will also benefit their customers.

• MIchaelB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have got to be kidding me!!!! Did you get college graduates to design this product without ever using the base PC product even for a week or so? OMG, This is a basic feature that every client and I use all the time. It is virtually impossible to go back 3 months and find an invoice if the subject line doe snot have this small easy thing to implement. Why not just give us a scripting language so we can design our own form and distribution system. I would have it ready and dunning years before you get it right at this pace.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this and would like to add that it would be nice to be able to edit the email text as we can do in the desktop version. Sometimes I need to change the canned email when sending invoices and it is not a one step process with QB Online. I have to save the invoice as a PDF and attach it to an email from my separate email account.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Form Delivery

Feedback and Knowledge Base