I suggest you ...

Enhance the Check Alignment process

The check alignment first of all resets every couple of weeks which drives me crazy. To fix the alignment on the payroll checks is quite easy with printing and inputting the letters. However, aligning checks for vendors becomes annoying with the numbers instead of the letters like payroll. Why do they need to be different? Please make it like the payroll checks.

228 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jessica shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

64 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • India Sepulveda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who else but me HATES the way QB has decided we are all too stupid to align our own checks and that we are now forced to use adobe.....?? anyone? I wish I had an alternative for this horrible program. I hate it so much and while I'm at it, who else thinks it's stupid you have to re-enter your note line for it to print on the check. Extra work for me and I hate it. I have to print checks one by one or write in the note line. THANKS ASSHOLES AT QUICKBOOKS. One more thing to hate about this program. If anyone has the guts to call and try to solve any issues I have complained about REPEATEDLY with no resolution.... please contact me. I HATE QB!!!!!!!

• C. G. Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alignment on voucher checks should be adjustable independently from upper part of check form. I use all QB products. Address is way too high and "MEMO" is so high that it appears unprofessionally in the address window of envelope. Please modify software to allow correct alignment so Post Office stops rejecting my window envelopes with "MEMO" exposed in address window.

• Patti Rock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With over 200 issues mentioned about QBO check printing issues, especially the lack of alignment for different sections on the check I would hope Quickbooks Developers would have been correcting this issue immediately. Paying for the QBO service and the printed checks are flawed and no way to fix it.

• Patti Rock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The date, payee, amount, and written amount line up on the checks are adjustable and I have them aligned perfectly for printing checks. However, the address, memo, and other information that is beneath the written line cannot be adjusted to align correctly on the check so the payee name is not displayed in the window on the envelope since it is to high. This creates what should be displayed on the middle section to be to high and some of the middle section appears on the top section, the check, and the same with the bottom section information printing in the middle section.
        Basically, we need to be able to adjust other sections on the check. Please remedy this issue quickly - It looks so unprofessional!!!

• qbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better check alignment process: make it possible to view the whole cheque so that we don't have to guess what it'll look like when it comes out. Just seeing the numbers isn't helpful. ALSO, fun idea: don't reset the cheque alignment every few weeks?? that would be great

• Louise Nielsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having trouble lining up the paychecks for printing. I called QB but even the rep could not make it align. Very frustrating as I have to go home to do the payroll.

How about fixing it?

• Lyndsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been a huge frustration with printing checks lately. My company switched over to a new bank and where the memo line prints, it makes our checks fail every time. I have gone into the align setting and moved the memo line up, but it shifts ALL the text on the check up, which makes the payee name, amount, and date be in the incorrect spot and our checks still fail; I even ordered checks that are specific to QuickBooks. This has become an extremely time consuming and frustrating process that has cost us a significant loss of money. Please, people of QuickBooks, make it so that we can move the Memo line ONLY.

• Christine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the past few months, the template for check to print appears to have changed and my printed checks are completely out of alignment. The options given to move amount does not let me position it where it needs to be, and there is no option to lower the payee name either, Moving the box even a bit is not enough and also crops the payee line "off of the check grid. I need a full customizable feature for all margins and input.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THE PAYROLL CHECK ALIGNMENT PROCESS DOES NOT SEEM TO EVER ALIGN WITH MY APPROVED CHECKS, SUCKS!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found when you align your voucher checks in the app compared to the browser version of QBO, the alignments are different.I would like the printing preferences to be the same. The browser version prints my payroll checks better than the app. I don't get it. Printing voucher checks, same thing. I have to remember to use only one of them for printing either checks.

• Ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First check is always off, so print it on blank paper. Print it again on check aligned in QBO at 0,0. This is probably the worst accounting software I've ever used. Not probably...it IS the worst accounting software I've ever used.

• Ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Set it at 0,0. Print your check on blank paper. Insert your check and print it again. You will waste a sheet of 20# bond, but have a perfectly aligned check. QuickBooks Online sucks.

• Angela Percival commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you're trying to set-up check alignment, I shouldn't have to automatically KNOW that it's completely backward from normal thinking!

• ka wolff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The grid drag does not seem to work. Simply state "a negative number in the horizontal feed will move the data to the right"...or whatever if applicable.

• Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my case, the print on my vendor checks is perfect and permanent. Not so for my payroll checks! It WAS fine until one of the recent updates when the font changed on payroll checks. The appropriate setting option does not exist for my (intuit) preprinted checks. Why is there a difference for vendor vs. payroll checks? I agree, keep it simple and the same regardless why a check is being printed.
        Possibly offer a template that can be fitted to specific needs by clicking, dragging and saving. I have wasted A LOT of time working on this; time I can't afford to waste but I prefer that my business checks leave the office looking professional. They are a reflection of the business.

← Previous 1 3 4

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Payroll

Feedback and Knowledge Base