I suggest you ...

Automatic Late Fee's and/or Finance Charges

EVERYONE wants / needs this. Why is this not done yet... Also make it so we don't need to interact with it. Its so much easier just being able to tell a customer "Well, the computer did it." It would also help remove favoritism. I have a tendency to overlook some accounts for the people that I like.

2,370 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

296 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to add finance charges and I want to have a lot more options customizing statements like on the desktop version.

The ability to have the system automatically add in late payment fees once the invoice is late, and to update every 30 days it is late. Our firm charges 1.5% compounded monthly. We currently have to add all this by hand and update each month that isn't paid.

We should be able to assess finance charges to statements as we were able to on the old QuickBooks, feel like I am taking a step back instead of forward.

Need a way to have accruing interest on past due balances post to past due statement each month without having to manually add interest each month past due.

I need to search up item codes by description or part number. Also, the open windows function on the desktop version was helpful when switching back and forth for when I had to look up an item while invoicing.

When we went to QB online we lost the ability to automatically add a service charge. Can you add that on to the online version.

• Jane Kroeger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the ability to assess a late fee on overdue balance should be a standard, optional feature of QB. And have these amounts show up on the statement without creating a separate invoice for late fees.

• rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a huge time savings and much more consistent if a late fee could be auto applied.

• Blaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quickbooks should put an automatic late charge on accounts that are past due

• radtkerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finance Charges like the desktop version, not the add a charge to each invoice suggestion.

• lorihpc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE PLEASE ADD Finance Charges for Customers. I used QB Pro for 10 Years. It is insane that statements don't allow for finance charges. I have to do this manually.....WHY???

Really would like the ability to assess finance charges like you can in the desktop version. Having to do that on 20 or 30 individual accounts is asking for incorrect invoicing and less likelihood of getting paid. Plus, it takes forever and in my business time is money. Literally.

We need to be able to process Finance Charges. This is a Basic Accounting Function that is Not available with QB On-Line. Please Help!

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base