I suggest you ...

Automatic Late Fee's and/or Finance Charges

EVERYONE wants / needs this. Why is this not done yet... Also make it so we don't need to interact with it. Its so much easier just being able to tell a customer "Well, the computer did it." It would also help remove favoritism. I have a tendency to overlook some accounts for the people that I like.

2,370 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

296 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to add a late penalty to an invoice as one of the terms. A user-variable percent added after a certain number of late days would be a good solution. The work-around given (add a late penalty as a service!) is terrible. Folks need to know upfront how much extrta it will cost them if they don’t pay on time. It’s not fair to add this later. I’m in a bad spot right now because this option wasn’t available. I have a client who hasn’t paid in about four weeks, but gets a regular delivery. What to do? This is really a bummer. Please add this basic functionality to QBO’s invoices. Thank you.

Would LOVE an option for the system to add a late fee for those invoices instead of having to do it manual. Like being able to choose a window of when the system adds a late fee if not paid in a certain amount of time.

Have an employee log in and be able to make invoices but not have access to any other company info. Restrict all assess and be abe to use quickbooks kind of like a cash register.

• Jeff Mullins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly said here, add this. We do not need to search for an app to do this. Any accounting software ought to be ASHAMED if it cannot offer a late fee algorithm to its users. QuickBooks is the largest known accounting software, but cannot do late fees to invoices. It seems the basics are not even met. Any QB poweruser/superuser that comments else wise has their medieval head in the sand. Quit excusing the QB programmers from this simple fix that 90% of all accounting software has. How else do you propose invoices are remedied that are not paid on time? I'm very interested in your replies as a "superuser".

Interest on invoices automatically adding after due date if interest option selected

I think it would be great if there was a way to set up recurring interest charges/ late fees to customer accounts. It is very time consuming to have to create an invoice for a late fee, especially when you have several companies with numerous customer accounts.

In our older version of quickbooks desktop we were able to access a finance charge by customer and the charge would apply to all overdue invoices. On the online version only lets you do finance charge per invoice. It would be nice if there was a function that allowed us to do a finance charge on all invoices that would appear separate from individual invoices.

It would be nice if QBO would have the option for finance charges to automatically be added on past dues. This is tedious manual process and there has to be a way to do this.

Definitely need to be able to automatically apply interest to overdue accounts and send statements with the interest charges added. To do this manually and individually is impossibly time consuming.

Add finance charges for easier billing! I spend lots of time hand figuring and adding invoice every month!! This can't be that hard to do!!

Dear Sir,
        We need a colum in which we charge late payment charged automatically as we describe in bill.

I would like to see a feature for automatically calculating service charges by month on all overdue invoices by either a percentage or a flat fee.
        I charge 1% per month service charge to my customers and have to manually adjust my invoices to reflect the charge - could that be looked into for myself and countless other users I'm sure have the same issue.
        Thanks.
        Gilberte Delisfort 678-622-7704
        gilberte.delisfort@syntrixconsulting.com

• Susannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a way to automatically assess finance charges on overdue balances and show up as such on the balance forward statements. I spend hours each month manually adding finance charges to overdue balances when I used to be able to have this done automatically on the desktop version. It would be very much appreciated!

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base