I suggest you ...

Add levels of security

Add more customization for security access. We would like our employees access to only create invoices and enter bills.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael Borello shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Blaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have employees who need to be able to run reports and enter specific transactions in some areas. Right now we only have the option of either reports only or access to everything. It would be beneficial to be able to customize exactly what they can and cannot do like we were able to do in the desktop version.

• rolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Micah Sampson, QBO Manager, where are you???

You commented March 5, 2013 in a different thread that you have escalated this issue yet the problem is still here a year later.

Can you tell us when this problem will be corrected? I am not able to use the five seat we paid for.

I do not want to see a clerk authorized to write a check to a vendor to be able to see SENSITIVE profit and loss numbers or PAYROLL!

Micah, when will this be corrected??

• rolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, indeed. I need to remove the Profit and Loss and Sales info in HUGE FONT on homepage for all seats.

An employee authorized to write a check to vendor do NOT need to see this PRIVATE information. I paid for 5 seats yet I can not use them all because if this!

Also, even as an Admin I don't need this information every moment of my life. If If need P&L or Sales info I will run a report. Honestly, it appears that the colorful start page is only designed to look good on on some young hip person's tablet on the TV commercials where the numbers play nice together.

Also, anyone walking behind me can see this PRIVATE information as it is in HUGE font.

What were they thinking??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When employees have limited access to QBO, on the Home Page, it gives all the critical data such as financial.

• Barbara Wetzel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In QB software, businesses can choose what employees have access to; in the online version, we do not have the ability to limit access in most cases. I currently have employees whom I have had to give too much access in order for them to get their jobs done. Security if vital in all levels of accounting.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Homepage

Feedback and Knowledge Base