I suggest you ...

Upgrade "find"

It would be nice to be able to search by more than 1 criteria like the desktop version had. For example find all transactions over $100 for 2011. At least add the name to the search results.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay, great, but then lead me to an article that explains how to use it. I'm trying to search a Journal Report and I can't find the option.

Boy, I hear ya! I'm new to QBO, and there are lots of things I miss in the desktop version. But I used the "find" feature more than any other. Thanks for prompting Intuit to beef it up!

However, I see you wrote this in 2012, and here we are in 2015 with no improvement that I know of! What? We need to stage a riot?? ;-)

• DJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just started using Quicken for a client. The search is super simple - enter a number 200.00 and it will give you any transaction that has that number in it. Much easier than the search function in QBO or desktop.

• Dani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen! It used to be that the Find feature opened in a new window (at least in Google Chrome) and it would list all transactions with the payee or by amount. Where has that gone to? Now it goes transaction by transaction which is a waste of time. And if you're going to use a new pop up window, why not take me to the transaction in the pop up window like the desktop version does? Instead of making me leave the register and waiting for a new page to load.

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the find-transaction type: All-Amount, we need all the transactions with that amount, including Journal Entry transactions. Right now, the QB online doesn't include that Journal Entry transactions in the amount searched. That is very inconvenient for our company. Your help will be appreciated.

I would like when I search on amount, all Journal Entry amounts also show up. When trying to find why I'm off on reconciliation, a Journal Entry may cause me to be off

• staceyaday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used this feature A LOT in the desktop version, especially because I am doing a lot of cleanup and trying to see if a transaction has been entered in any way and this was great way to find things anywhere within the data.

I agree. I am new to this one company & was unfamiliar with their books---way to much time trying to find what I was looking for register by register -- very needed. The find feature is something in QB others version I use unlimited times in a day.

Feedback and Knowledge Base