I suggest you ...

Stop Automatic Creating of New GL Accounts!

QBO creates a number of accounts that cannot be deleted - Credit Cards Receivable and Direct Deposit Payable. When these accounts are merged with other accounts, QBO recreates them unnecessarily, then does not use them. They clutter up the Chart of Accounts and some reports!

393 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Emile Amarotico shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quickbooks created another "A/P", "A/R" and "Undeposited fund" accounts. Can anyone explain why this happens ?

• Kristy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREED - this needs to be corrected, it's so annoying and completely unnecessary. If I do not want certain useless accounts on my charge of accounts, they should not keep coming back up

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREE. QuickBooks also keeps re-creating accounts when I try renaming them. For example, I've renamed the "Inventory Asset" account as just "Inventory" and it keeps creating a new "Inventory Asset" account.

• Patti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREE. Delete is delete. The accounts were setup FIRST and should not be changed or added to unless I add a new account. I want a clean and tidy chart too!! AGREE

Our payroll is a total disaster because of this! It makes it really hard to run a P&L against a prior year and compare numbers. QBO should prompt the user before adding a new account and allow a different one to be chosen as long as the account type is potentially correct.

Quickbooks should stop this re-creating accounts out and if I choose to delete the account, it should be deleted forever instead of in inactive account. Even it's inactive, there should be a chance for me to delete it forever!

I need clear and tidy chart of account, not so many accounts with very weird names!

I agree. It is very frustrating that QBO continues to re-create accounts that have been deleted or marked in-active. Additionally, we need a way to completely delete inactive accounts that have no records or data.

• Tina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When QBO customers edit our COA, we are doing so deliberately so that it works for our business. When you keep randomly adding accounts back that we have deleted, it creates clutter and confusion in our accounting. Please fix this issue as soon as possible.

• Jo Landers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When setting up inventory items, QB keeps adding multiple accounts to my chart of accounts, which I have to keep deleting. We have an inventory asset account named "book inventory" but QBO keeps adding an "inventory asset" account. Ditto with our COGS shipping and product accounts. I select our existing accounts when adding new inventory items, QBO still creates the new accounts. I merge the new accounts with the ones that are named the way we want them, QBO creates brand new accounts again. And then there are the completely useless accounts we can't delete or merge b/c "online banking needs this account" or whatever. Why do we need an "uncategorized asset", "unapplied cash payment", "uncategorized income", "unapplied cash bill payment" or "uncategorized expense"??? If my staff is dumping stuff into uncategorized income or expenses, they won't be working for me for very long, but QBO (unlike desktop) will NOT let me get rid of those accounts.

• Kathy C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this under consideration yet? Especially considering there are list limits that these regenerating accounts are affecting???

• Blaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't met an accountant yet who approves of random changes to the COA.

If QBO needs an account to handle specific transactions, it should at least direct the admin to where this account can be edited in order to point it to an existing account already used for that purpose.

This is absolutely crazy,, who is doing the programming here..what a nightmare.. I no longer accept any new clients who are using QBO and always recommend to not use.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least, the system should not let you delete (or rename) them if they are required by QBO! (That would keep all these dups from being created in the first place).

• lookyhooky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I deleted them all and then they came back!!! And then deleted them again... now I have all these deleted accounts that show up in the 'inactive chart of accounts' plus all the ones it added back.... what a mess.

• DJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree!!! Payroll keeps adding new accounts. I keep having to merge them with the actual accounts we are using.

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base