or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

1016 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Debbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our customers have invoice requirements and we need to be able to customize the column headers. Is that something I can do now in QBO?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the end user to delete the $0.00 in the amount column on a manual basis. We use the invoice to for information to the customer and it's not professional looking when the assoicated note to the client has a $0.00 in the column. The desktop version allowed me to delete the $0.00

Please add the ability to have different invoice templates so I can have specific invoices for different customers

For one wait time for help is redickulouse
        When I purchased they promised the world
        once you purchase you can't even get help I have lost one hour I will never get back at work makes me look inefficient

It would be nice if we could change the color of the font. Currently it is grey and is a little hard to read, black would be ideal.

Well I do not have the problem everyone appears to have, i only have the problme now that the font size is TOO BIG, i need it smaller.

I'm getting customer complaints that the font is so small they have to get a magnifying glass to read my invoices. I need to be able to make the print larger for them.

• Douglas Quinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xero seems to have a solution where you can download an invoice template and adjust to your liking and then upload. Simples?

• Douglas Quinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There really has to be a design editor where you can take control of all fields yourself by "drag and drop", select and delete, etc. MYOB did this superbly which is what I am moving from. I definitely need the ability to produce an invoice without any company details so that I can pdf print onto my company letterhead. I will never send out an invoice that is not on my letterhead as corporate image is so important to me. I somehow need to work out how to remove company name from the standard templates or otherwise I will have to continue to use MYOB to actually send out my invoices which is pure duplication of data entry. I am a proadvisor accountant and this will be a critical component to when I am selling QuickBooks to clients.

• Holly Simms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Branding is very important to our customers, as it is to Intuit. The lack of ability to add a custom (rectangular) logo, and being able to adjust it appropriately to fit the logo area is a dealbreaker for some customers looking to move to QBO from DT.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of my customers have one Billing Address but multiple shipping locations. Old (and much better) version allowed drop down menu to select these locations. Also need columns for QTY ordered, QTY shipped, and QTY backordered. Would like the option to remove the Due Date box, Tracking No. box. Been at this for a week and already placed more calls to Customer Support than I ever did in 10 years with Desktop version.

Would like ability to customize invoices to fit our needs, and our window envelopes.

• Jose Ponce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are unable to customize and send invoices form QB as described here: http://goo.gl/ugQnih ....How can we use the NEW invoice (sales form) customization in our QB online? We already tried support, chat, phone, email...nobody gives us ETA to fix this issue, that is supposed to be a basic function of the software.

• Josie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes what is real soon mean. I need it now! We use special paper for our invoices as her perform services. the paper is costly and your font size and uncustomizable invoice are cost me an arm and a leg in our special paper.

• carol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i wish i would of seen this before i bought this product. i thought it would be like desk top version very unhappy,used quick books for years now i just wasted my money

• Chris Meakin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have converted from desktop and have a trial running at the moment. I can see you will gradually be making improvements to what is currently the very weak area of invoice templates but, in order for us to sign up, we would have to be able to get our logo bigger (very landscape in format) and change the wording of the airy template heading from 'Tax invoice' to 'Invoice', which doesn't seem to be possible at the moment. Any chance as a short-term fix?

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base