I suggest you ...

fix sales tax

Right now I can only track one sales tax rate. I do business in an area with different counties, each having their own rate. I would like to track multiple sales tax rates depending upon the county

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Obi Nwude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great that I can put multiple rates however I can only use one rate on the invoice. I need to be able to charge a rate for a product and another rate for a different product on the same invoice. I'm not able to do that in the tool yet.

• Carl@DVRA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple sales taxes, including composite sales taxes, is a feature of a well-respected FREE online accounting package. Why is it not already available in QBO.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, PLEASE ADD the functions for multiple sales tax rates, plus setting sales tax rates per customer, plus a default rate for the company, plus the liability reports, all as available in QB Pro (desktop) versions.

Also, would be nice to track wholesale tax codes as in desktop QB to report those as exemptions separate from out of state or service sales to tax agencies.

• Andy C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have State, County, and then additional Prepared Food taxes. Not to mention accounting for Out-Of-State or Wholesale. The offline version it would take me 10 minutes to do our taxes. Now it takes me almost 2 hours. Makes me very irrational. ;-)

• Carl@DVRA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very common need. In many states, tax rate varies by location, city, township, county, and other jurisdictions. A prime example is Atlanta GA which straddles several counties each with a different rate.

I have over 5 counties that I do business with and have to change the % rate each time I enter an invoice.

Feedback and Knowledge Base