I suggest you ...

Customizable Homepage Dashboard Screen

It would be nice to have a customizable dashboard homepage where actual users get to pick what they need to see and which navigation buttons they use the most to the homepage screen. At this point, it's Intuit hard-wired homepage dashboard even on privacy mode. Many business owners saying when they're sitting next to their customers and creating transactions, they're not interested in sharing profit or loss, expenses, bank accounts, income, and sales chart.

What they like to see the most on the homepage screen:

1) To do list
2) One click favorite reports
3) One click invoicing
4) One click write check
5) Tasks reminder (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
6) Recent activities (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
7) Create your own design enhancement features.
8) Completely wipe out current graphs and bank accounts.
9) Block marketing tips
10) Sign out from the home page

Let's make QBO dashboard customizable and actually useful. Thanks!

1,638 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VPController shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

312 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to remember to inform (and remind) our tax preparer of changes in partners or partner addresses or partners' c/o or remind myself to email K-1s, etc., etc., etc. I sorely need a calendar or reminder or to-do list WITHIN QBO.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A homepage that doesn't work for me - this needs to be fixed. I need a calendar and a to do list, I need to be able to create my own homepage - the one you force on me does not feel like home!!!!!!!

Yes I would like to customize my homepage. Ideally I would like a calendar and a reminders list.

Customized dashboard would be very helpful as many of the boxes that show do not apply to my needs. Why not allow a user to X out any boxes not needed to make the dashboard clean.

• Al commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even without customization, the naming of various types of transactions and entities in the default non-profit installation is really casual and created without any care or attention to detail by whoever created the user interface for non-profits. This could be fixed in an afternoon. This would receive a D in my accounting class if I taught such a class. All receipts are not "Donations". All customers are not "customers". "Bills" are Accounts Payable. On and on.

I too expected my net profit to be an Australian Financial Year. Who cares about a calendar year? Financial Years, Monthly and GST Quarters are all that really matter. the rest is general interest and Cash or Accrual choice would be good too. They made such a fuss of the feature of the dashboard I assumed it would be customisable for the info I actually need to run my business and as all businesses are different then their needs will be different. Please upgrade this area at your earliest opportunity

• Jen Fordyce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do like seeing my income on a graph, but the current graph only shows wholesale income (based on invoices). I would like to be able to customize the graph to show all of my sales, which appear as bank deposits coded through the chart of accounts. I did just learn about the sales receipt feature, but this does not work for me when I have cash deposits from hundreds of customers at a special event or farmers market. Thanks for listening! In the past, I have seen rapid improvements in response to our comments.

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the LEAD CENTER in QBO? Don't tell me is only available in QuickBooks Desktop. I need this feature for my business. Why do I have to rely on 3-rd party App when I'm already paying you $500 every year for this incomplete product.

Coming from QB Pro desktop, the homepage online is severely lacking. I need to customize to see my registers and customers quicker. Too many clicks!!

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Homepage

Feedback and Knowledge Base