I suggest you ...

Customizable Homepage Dashboard Screen

It would be nice to have a customizable dashboard homepage where actual users get to pick what they need to see and which navigation buttons they use the most to the homepage screen. At this point, it's Intuit hard-wired homepage dashboard even on privacy mode. Many business owners saying when they're sitting next to their customers and creating transactions, they're not interested in sharing profit or loss, expenses, bank accounts, income, and sales chart.

What they like to see the most on the homepage screen:

1) To do list
2) One click favorite reports
3) One click invoicing
4) One click write check
5) Tasks reminder (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
6) Recent activities (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
7) Create your own design enhancement features.
8) Completely wipe out current graphs and bank accounts.
9) Block marketing tips
10) Sign out from the home page

Let's make QBO dashboard customizable and actually useful. Thanks!

1,752 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VPController shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

325 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mary-Jo Healey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New dashboard is not good - lots of stuff I don't need, and you've buried stuff I use every day!!! Need ability to customize.

• Donna Sturgeon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - What happened to the Vendors and Customers on Dashboard?? Not a good thing. I have to spend my time figuring out how to get there.

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back customers to the dashboard. Use it everyday! Or, allow users to customize their own dashboard.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back Customers and Vendors - I use this more than anything and I think the same thing applies to most, if not all, businesses.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the Customer and Vendor lists easily and quickly accessible is most important for my use. Bring them back!

This QBO update is the worst i have ever seen. What were you thinking taking away vendors and customers, when that is the very page we need to be on daily, multiple times?? WORST SERVICE QBO.

We also need "Vendors" on the Dashboard!!!!!!! How do you look up your vendor and customer list?????

• SW - COO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Typical to QBO, they change features without testing usability. Sending "Customers" and "Vendors" multiple clicks deep is another example of their foolishness. For now, QBO is the only real game in town but if they keep up the practice of going AGAINST the expectations of their SMB constituency, another competitor will come along. To the Product Manager that removed the home page link to "Customers": you really don't know YOUR customers and need to consider another gig.

Why was "Customers" removed from the Dashboard? I go there all the time! Please bring it back or allow user to customize it!

The left-hand side of the dashboard changed and now is nearly useless. I can't find where I need to go. What took one click now takes three or four increasingly infuriated ones as I try to find my way around. Specifically I need "Customers" and "Vendors" back, and most of what's there isn't relevant to my tasks.

• Kecia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of what I use quickbooks for is not on the dashboard and items that I do not use at all in quickbooks is on the dashboard. Would have been nice if you all thought about the fact that each user has different needs and uses in here instead of just assuming every business is the same. Again another useless change in the online version.

• JanP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to clear this really annoying setup steps off of the dashboard?

I don't want my employees to see this information. PLEASE give me the option to do this. It is none of their business.

• Pat Foraker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just make it customizable, so people can put what they want there, plus let us delete the stupid getting started thing, we don't use several of those features so it just there using up wasted resources.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: UI Infrastructure

Feedback and Knowledge Base