QuickBooks Online Feature Requests

Welcome to the QuickBooks Online Feature Requests forum. Please look through the submitted requests and vote or create your own suggestion that others can vote on. Make sure to give us plenty of detail so we can better understand the problem. It is not guaranteed that any suggestions will make it into the product, but it will help us identify the features you want most.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Combine Billable Expenses on 1 line item on an invoice

We really want to be able to combine billable expenses on an invoice as 1 line item.
    For example: Multiple travel expenses were incurred on a project for a customer. We now want to invoice for ALL the travel expenses on an invoice, but only want to show as 1 line item on the invoice - Travel Expenses = Total amount for ALL travel incurred.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      59 comments  ·  Sales Transaction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion, support, and patience. We now have the ability to combine Billable Time on Invoices!

If you haven’t tried this already, all you need to do is when creating an Invoice, click on the pull down on the right side of the Invoice, and choose Group Time by Service. Then it will create one line for each Service item.

Please keep telling us what you’d like to see. We love hearing from you!

The QuickBooks Online Team

• fix sales tax

Right now I can only track one sales tax rate. I do business in an area with different counties, each having their own rate. I would like to track multiple sales tax rates depending upon the county

116 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Sales Transaction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • packing slip sales receipt

i would like to be able to print packing slips even if the transaction is a sales receipt. thanks

69 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Sales Transaction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • I would like to have the old "sales tax" back, or something similar.

I would like to have the old sales tax method back. If you could have Quickbooks automatically apply tax to "taxable" customers, or even give a warning/popup before the transaction is completed to warn about selecting "tax" for invoice/transaction.

I would ultimately like the ability to control my own company preferences, and select the method I want to use, instead of having to convert to the "new sales tax center" method.

9 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Sales Transaction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Assign a tax code to each customer NOT to the product or service

We not only have customers within Canada but also in the US and Internationally. I need to be able to assign a tax code to EACH customer NOT to the products we sell. Our customers often order dozens of products at a time and I have to manually choose to correct tax code for each line of the sales receipt? This is ridiculous. In the desktop version when a new customer was added, so was the appropriate tax code. Please correct this to save us all time! Thank you.

6 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Sales Transaction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting your feedback about setting default sales tax codes for customers in the Canadian version of QuickBooks Online.

As of today, this functionality is now live. You can add a default tax code to any customer, and QuickBooks Online will remember it for all future transactions. You can find additional details in our support article: community.intuit.com/articles/1692455

Thanks,
              The Intuit QuickBooks Team

• Increase Font Size on Invoices

When printing out the invoices, the font size is terrible. It must be a size 8 or so when trying to read who the invoice is going to in addition to the line items. I love many of the features and convenience of QB online but I have had several complaints from customers that they can't read the invoice or that it's too small.
              There must be a technical code in the site for the font size on invoices. My suggestion is to go into that code and increase the size to 11 or 12. The invoices look worse that…

2 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Sales Transaction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • add a cc option for emailing invoices

I have a lot of customers that want to be cc'd to the invoice emails and not be in the recipient list. I explain time and time again that I don't have the option with QB Online. I know it's available on the desktop version, but buying another version of the software isn't a good solution.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Sales Transaction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Reminder Emails

When sending reminders for overdue invoices, you need to have a different template of text to be able to chase payments rather than just having the normal "heres your invoice" template.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Multiple cc's on invoices

Would like to be able to cc multiple people on invoices.

0 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Don't see your idea?

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base