How can we improve your experience paying invoices online?

Allow pasting of account number.

Allow copy and paste when entering bank account information. It is currently blocked with a 'for accuracy' explanation. Copy and paste from my own records is much more accurate than typing again by hand.

29 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moreover, pasting my account number from my password manager defeats keyloggers. I'm not sure what threat vector blocking paste is meant to defeat, but it doesn't improve security (and is easily bypassed with document.activeElement.setValue). It hinders the legitimate traffic and doesn't even slow down fraudsters.

This is an absolute must. Denying copy paste is incredibly stupid and a terrible anti-pattern thought up by people who are so out of the loop it's atrocious. I can understand the double entry, really I can. If someone it typing it in by hand twice, then it's not terrible practice to see if they made a mistake in one of the entries. But for those of us that keep these pieces of information in secure, easy storage, it's an incredible waste of time and hostile experience. Telling us we're doing something bad or wrong when, objectively, what were doing is in every respect better.

Fix it.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"To ensure accuracy, please retype your account number" YOU IDIOTS! Pasting your account number GUARANTEES accuracy, typing it DOESN'T. There is 0% change you can paste the number wrong. duh...

Absolutely allow copy and paste. I use a Lastpass, a password manager that keeps all this data securely on my PC. When I copy it, I know it's correct.

After you design a system, try it yourselves and test the damn thing with people who will actually use it.

• Jason Meeker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur, this if anything promotes inaccuracy as a user has to type out something that they might normally not. As this doesn't promote security either it seems like a useless "feature" that does nothing but add time to paying an invoice.

Feedback and Knowledge Base